New WBB Coach: Nell Fortner

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I know some supporters who withdrew their season ticket money, even though they didn’t go to any of the games. I’m plotting my strategy of when it’s time to call them.
I’ll confess that losing our two Elizabeth’s and Alisha Lewis(star recruit who ended up at Syracuse)had me disappointed, although never to the point of withholding a couple of hundred dollars for tickets. I give more to St. Judes(which I should; so please pardon the poor analogy). Sir Richard Musterer(I’ve knighted him, not the Queen of England)does a phenomenal job on 91.1 fm when you can’t make it out to our beautiful arena or for all the road games. He’s been the only voice we’ve ever had.

The best value in sports is GTWBB, no matter how many games you go to.

i think once the deserters see what the new coach does they are gonna kick themselves in the hind end for leaving. not only team wise but education wise as well.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I love the way the Lady Jackets have started the season. Avenging a tough 3-OT loss from last season by dominating Houston. Being the first GT Women's team to win in Athens by DOMINATING uGA. Was disappointed that we lost a couple of really good players from last year, but GT Women's basketball seems to be trending upwards. Go Jackets!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think we are going to be 6-1 and Wisconsin 5-3. Inside 5 minutes in 4Q, GT-46, Badgers-30. Tech inside the paint leads 34-16. Pan and our two pivots, are having nice games. Like her feeding the high post and the Center giving it back to her for a layup on the go. She’s over 6’ and can post a guard up herself, let alone take a feed straight to the bucket.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I've never been to a women's basketball game but I think I will now to support them. Curious, how's the team culture doing with Nell Fortner? Hopefully a complete turnaround.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Men's game is played at the rim. Women play at the floor. Good teams have outside shooters with a good tall rebounder that can score. I personally don't like 4 quarters they now use.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Men's game is played at the rim. Women play at the floor. Good teams have outside shooters with a good tall rebounder that can score. I personally don't like 4 quarters they now use.
As a counterpoint, for basketball in general, is there anywhere else but men's NCAA basketball where 2 halves are used rather than 4 quarters?

Deleted member 2897

I've never been to a women's basketball game but I think I will now to support them. Curious, how's the team culture doing with Nell Fortner? Hopefully a complete turnaround.

Well they are 7-1. They are the first team in the history of the program to win at Georgia, and they completely blew them out.