New WBB Coach: Nell Fortner

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It looks like we are losing our best signee, Lewis, to Syracuse.

Mickey DeMoss hired as Director of Offensive Analytics. She coached Tasha Butts(GT Asst. Coach)@Tenn.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Already in school and working out with the team is 6’3” forward Ronni Norwa. “Nwora could surprise people. She has a high motor that really competes. She is a rebounder, shot blocker and plays with passion,” said Bret McCormick of the All Star Girls Report.

Nerea Hermosa Monrael a 6’5” post player from Spain has been playing in the 19u World Championships in Thailand and will join the 2019 class this coming week. “Keep an eye on Hermosa as an emerging option with the ability to finish and alter the opposing team’s shot,” said Brandon Clay of Brandon Clay Scouting.

Not to be forgotten, Fortner also had the task of finishing off the 2019 class. After all that was said and done the new player numbers remained the same. Kansas State guard Sara Batessigned her grant-in-aid in June and incoming freshman Alisha Lewis ended up at Syracuse. Bates is a sniper from the outside and she should be an important addition. “She’s here and hopefully we’ll get her eligible to play,” said Fortner.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Nice pick up. I am rooting big time for the WBB program. I have always thought we could be a national program every year in both men's and women's. For a number of years, I thought the women's program was really, really close. Much closer than the mens.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
There were two ladies (important pieces, IIRC) that had quit the team when the Joseph stuff hit the fan. Are they back or did they leave school?

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
"another one... 5-star 33 overall 11th rated pg "

So Nell just got hired and has already pulled in two top 100 recruits including a 5 star. There are so many directions I could go with this but all I'll say is this makes Pastner look like ***. Maybe he needs to go talk to Nell and get some advice about how to recruit. Congrats to the women's team. Things are certainly looking up for them!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
"another one... 5-star 33 overall 11th rated pg "

So Nell just got hired and has already pulled in two top 100 recruits including a 5 star. There are so many directions I could go with this but all I'll say is this makes Pastner look like ***. Maybe he needs to go talk to Nell and get some advice about how to recruit. Congrats to the women's team. Things are certainly looking up for them!

Pastner could use all the help he can get, but the women's program is a much easier sell because Joseph never tanked it, despite her other apparent flaws.

Gtfan09

Georgia Tech Fan
There were two ladies (important pieces, IIRC) that had quit the team when the Joseph stuff hit the fan. Are they back or did they leave school?

The 2 ladies that left the team before the Joseph stuff hit the fan was Kierra Fletcher and Francesca Pan. Both have rejoined the team.

Balogun and Dixon decided to transfer after the season has ended. Both are big losses. Not sure how this season will go but Coach Fortner is definitely putting together a nice 2020 class.