New voice of the Jackets

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Brandon Gaudin from Butler per the AJC.

2. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

3. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

I listened to his football play by play clip, he's got a flow to his call and a good voice. He's going to be enjoyable to listen to. I just wish he'd been a bit more familiar with Tech and its history! Wes had a good knowledge prior to coming in but I guess you can't get everything ;)

4. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

I have to say, I like the hire. I think we will be able to forgive him for being a former bulldog, but I agree with Old Jacket Fan in that he has a nice flow to his voice. Good hire.

5. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Works for me.

Old friend of the new AD?

6. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

I was thinking the same thing (possible A10 ties to MBob). I like the hire and was not expecting it but I'm glad we chose a good young one to take over.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. GTFowler

GTFowler Jolly Good Fellow

I love the hire. The new AD sure has done a great job so far. I really liked Gaudin's basketball samples on his page. Football: I liked his flow in football also but I just hope he gets use to calling an offense like ours.(not sure what he is accustomed to but I know calling a offense like ours can be tough at times)

8. DaddyBill

DaddyBill Helluva Engineer

Think he can learn to say "Fans if you can't take part in a sport...be one!" ???

9. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

I finally got around to listening to some of Gaudin's radio samples. This guy is good. By game six we will be asking "Wes who?"

10. TechCubed

TechCubed Helluva Engineer

Nice piece by Matt Winkeljohn on the new Voice.

I like everything I've heard and read about Brandon so far. Having a young, energetic guy is good for the future.

11. John

Been following Brandon on twitter and he seems really excited. Saw a lot of Butler fans wishing him well as well, to me, that's always important.

12. jzgt22

jzgt22 Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds like a great hire! wish he had a Tech background, but I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job!

13. John

Speaking of that, it's funny that Wes moved on right before we play his alma mater. Coincidence?! ;)

14. jzgt22

jzgt22 Ramblin' Wreck

I think not...