New Uniforms

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
GT Black Uni 1.PNG
GT Black Uni 2.PNG
GT Black Uni 3.PNG
GT Black Uni 4.PNG

EA Teambuilder... What if we did away with navy for one game and went back to the black....

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Heck yes!! Uniform thread!! First! My vote is always the throwback unis that we wore with Calvin.... Have no clue why we don't make those permanent... I am convinces at techies we are going to suffer with crappy uniforms till Jesus comes back.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
The black ones look a little too "Steeler"-esque for my taste.

I definitely don't understand why we haven't seen the throwbacks more.

CalvinJohnson.jpg
Georgia_Tech_WR_Calvin_Johnson_AP_-200x267.png

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Forget making the team wear them, Russell would make a TON of money just selling those jerseys. They really are retarded at marketing. They are the only brand I know of that doesn't make authentic jerseys with stitched numbers for fans. They used to do this, I even have one of the Gaily era "Team Issue" jerseys and it is really nice. I guess Russell just doesn't want my $150 for a #2 Vad Lee Jersey.

For the team, I'd just be happy with keeping the same uniform for a few years. I like the matte black helmets in Iron's avatar, just don't want us to look like Vandy or Army.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
Forget making the team wear them, Russell would make a TON of money just selling those jerseys. They really are retarded at marketing. They are the only brand I know of that doesn't make authentic jerseys with stitched numbers for fans. They used to do this, I even have one of the Gaily era "Team Issue" jerseys and it is really nice. I guess Russell just doesn't want my $150 for a #2 Vad Lee Jersey.

For the team, I'd just be happy with keeping the same uniform for a few years. I like the matte black helmets in Iron's avatar, just don't want us to look like Vandy or Army.

Russell really has no business being in the sports clothing industry. They can't even begin to come close to the top level guys that most teams have (Nike, Adidas, UnderArmour, Reebok).

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I mean seriously when Russell developed those uniforms did they honestly sit there and look at them and say " man those are AWESOME!!! Everybody is going to love these!!!"

I believe the employees at Russell are all on acid.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
It is pretty embarrassing when people in general refer to our uniforms as the "bubble wrap" uniforms. Surely Russell knows that people have made these remarks...? The new white helmets... meh they are okay to me... The are doable. But the uniforms... Maybe it would look better if they would at least darken the navy blue bubble wrap numbers so they can be seen easier? I don't know but something needs to change that is for sure.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
What I can't figure out is why in the world can Russell not see this... It's like they are crazy people locked away who have no pulse on any segment of the fan base...

My 5 year old child could literally make a better choice for our jerseys....

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
It is pretty embarrassing when people in general refer to our uniforms as the "bubble wrap" uniforms. Surely Russell knows that people have made these remarks...? The new white helmets... meh they are okay to me... The are doable. But the uniforms... Maybe it would look better if they would at least darken the navy blue bubble wrap numbers so they can be seen easier? I don't know but something needs to change that is for sure.
IronJacket, can you make a white jersey, gold pants, gold helmet version? I think the black ones (not the prison stripes one) are the bomb. Return of Roof, black unis, and high intensity defense....I'm getting excited just thinking about it!
Screen_shot_2011-02-25_at_10.17.46_AM.png

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hate the fat stripes down the side of the jersey or pants. The black unis look too much like Wake Forest. Our '85 Black and gold combo unis look like the Pittsburg Steelers.

Bring back the '06 "Calvin" unis, please!

CalvinJohnson.jpg

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Welcome to the club Dressed. I have been screaming for those for a long time... They are classy and applauded by literally every GT fan I know...