New uniforms?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Sir, not sure I am reading your post correctly, but Chan was not the first to use Gold tops at home - it was Carson (as far as modern era goes) and Bud had us wear White / Gold / White both home and away for almost his entire tenure. Back in those days one team wearing a White jersey was not required.

And it was Fulcher that tool the numbers off the shoulder and put them on the sleeve, as well as adding stripes to the Gold hats.[/q. uote] My friend. Carson dished Dodd uni for mustard tops and Chan used a different Colorado gold for home unis....CHan unis were like Dodd number wise but they were gold background.Will look again on Filched but thought Pepper put numbers on sleeves with white shoes.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I STAND IN ERROR.IT was Filched who dropped numbers from pads to sleeves,.Carson unis at the end were like Doers except no. Gold pants and mustard colored background.Chan used gold at home with same markings. As Dodd but a shiny shade of gold..,Will take any of past unis prior to PJ era.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Again apologies in order......this kindle product has hair trigger for typing responses and posts.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Another traditional Uni bites the Nike bullet
Syracuse:
BlXWlrmIQAAozn7.jpg:large

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
They look nice though. Just because Russell's attempts at modernizing Tech's uniforms have been a train wreck doesn't mean someone can't modernize them in a nice and tasteful manor.

I agree.

I believe many fans are begging we do what FSU just did. Here's an excerpt from Nikeblog.com

In 2012, Florida State requested Nike’s help in rebranding the athletic programs, creating a uniform identity that would set a visual direction while also respecting the history of the program. This weekend, after nearly two years of evaluation and redesign, the new Florida State logos and brand identity were unveiled.

In addition to reimagining logos, FSU’s first objective was to create a more uniform color that could be consistently applied across all sports. The new official shade is a truer hue of garnet, intended as a throwback to the school’s original style and intent. Florida State will be the only Nike team, pro or college, to wear this particular garnet tone.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well if we dont remember the tech tradition we will become a MD or Oregon of the ACC and this aint cool..........just my thoughts but chicken wire and urine yellow doesnt cut it.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Well if we dont remember the tech tradition we will become a MD or Oregon of the ACC and this aint cool..........just my thoughts but chicken wire and urine yellow doesnt cut it.
I agree with the chicken wire and urine, but I wouldn't mind being the Oregon of the acc. Might help with recruiting (long shot).

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the chicken wire and urine, but I wouldn't mind being the Oregon of the acc. Might help with recruiting (long shot).
To each his own but uni wise Md was the ducks of ACC and they were awful....I will agree you can do better than what we have been wearing but stripes and slashes...urine yellow pants and honey combs. Is just not tech.again to each his own.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I wanted to stay out of this thread but this tweet by Jamal Golden reminded me of this thread so I had to: