New uniforms?

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we all think the honeycombs was a nice idea. And not pointing any fingers, but they could have been done better. So how bout no honeycombs this time. But next time we do the honeycombs right and we go full regalia

Yellow Jackets do not make honey. The design looks like chicken wire. We could change the name of BDS to...'The Honeycomb Hideout' and the fightsong to the Honeycomb Cereal Commercial Theme'....:rolleyes:

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Bad thing is the uni deal could be fixed if folks wanted it to be..Y0u have three popular unis...Carson........Ross and off course Dodd.Folks say the kids like all the stripes and slashes and some even say unis are a recruiting too. Now with what six or so home games why not use on of the above to make old farts happy and then if we have too use the slashes and stripes and chicken wire and pee yellow colors for the kids.WE are not Oregon Ducks we are........or used to be GA TECH and colors are old gold and white...

GruffyMcGuiness

Georgia Tech Fan
Yellow Jackets do not make honey. The design looks like chicken wire. We could change the name of BDS to...'The Honeycomb Hideout' and the fightsong to the Honeycomb Cereal Commercial Theme'....:rolleyes:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397409887.946179.jpg

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the pattern. I think it's unique to GT and was not unattractive. Isn't America great! We each get to have and express our own opinions.

You are right about America and you're opinion is every bit as valid as mine. I know men who have died for the right for us to express their minds and convictions. Change is relentless, but I do like tradition and Tech has some great ones.:)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There's nothing wrong with a hexagonal pattern as a design element, per se. The problem was how it was done, it was horrible. The hex helmets were much better than the uniforms. The uniforms looked like bubble wrap for crysakes.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm traditional too. But since I've been involved with Tech (mid 80's), they've had so many different uniforms, there is no tradition. Now, it's about preference and taste. I like understated (Penn State, Alabama), but I don't think the hex pattern was bad. For something different, it was pretty understated. Imagine, we could have been a laughing stock, like Maryland.

Those of you that harken back to the Dodd era can talk about tradition, but let's face it, that ship has sailed, and the kids don't want to go retro 100% of the time. Penn St. And Alabama can claim that tradition because they've never faltered in upholding it. We did.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's all about what you do on the field in those uniforms IMO. If we had run the table wearing them, we'd have a lot less complainers. What is different between Oregon and Maryland? If you're going to dress like an a-hole you had better be able to put up numbers.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Little reminder lads on tech unis.....from 1948 until 56 tech put numbers on the shoulders and took the stripe away from gold hats........In 65 Dodd used white hats but kept things the same..from the Carson era minor changes in the unis..Chan was first to use gold tops at home even though Dodd used gold at times according to NY Jacket.Pepper took numbers off the shoulders and put them on the sleeves and a stripe was put in the gold hats............So we have in about fifty years changed very little.This was what I thought was tradition like Michigan.....Bama..........USC......UCLA........Penn St......Ohio State and many other power houses...If we have to change unis for the players ........we are in bad shape.We are not Miami or Md or Oregon we used to be GT.When you go to the stadium and watch us play many folks are wondering ....who the hell are those guys ?.Use Dodd unis or Ross Unis twice a year and then if we can design some decent unis for the kiddies ..wear them.....

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Well Mack, back in them days, kids didn't make decisions about where to enroll based on uniforms.

But I agree with you: its not a coincidence that the schools with a long and deep tradition aren't the ones with uniforms that look like somebody puked up a gallon of florescent tie-dye.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well Mack, back in them days, kids didn't make decisions about where to enroll based on uniforms.

But I agree with you: its not a coincidence that the schools with a long and deep tradition aren't the ones with uniforms that look like somebody puked up a gallon of florescent tie-dye.
I was lucky enough to survive 38 years of active ,reserve and National Guard service ....can you imagine a private saying yeah I would join but your uniforms suck.....the good teams tell guys come here and you will win........go to Bowl games and get a chance to go to NFL.....dont think they (coaches) go to kitchen table and say .............look at this combo do you like it etc.............we can do better.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

A young man that uses uniforms as the basis of his decision to go to Georgia Tech is not very bright and will probably not survive the academics anyway.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Peer-pressure plays a role in everyone's decisions, but especially teenagers'. I reckon uniforms falls into this category more often than just the individual tastes of particular recruits. So, imagine you're a HS football player in Georgia, what do you think locker room talk about GT sounds like? Nerds, Russell, High School Offense. etc. Then you got the internal dialogue: "I hear the academics are tough" or "So and so smart guy went there last year and flunked out the first year."

Now, I think the offensive-production over the last 6 years has made some impact on the H.S. offense meme. Nobody except dwags and dwag wannabes even bring it up any more. Nothing's going to change the Nerds label. But if we can get uniforms that start to undercut the jab against Russell, I'm not against it, even though my druthers would be for the classic look.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Little reminder lads on tech unis.....from 1948 until 56 tech put numbers on the shoulders and took the stripe away from gold hats........In 65 Dodd used white hats but kept things the same..from the Carson era minor changes in the unis..Chan was first to use gold tops at home even though Dodd used gold at times according to NY Jacket.Pepper took numbers off the shoulders and put them on the sleeves and a stripe was put in the gold hats............So we have in about fifty years changed very little.This was what I thought was tradition like Michigan.....Bama..........USC......UCLA........Penn St......Ohio State and many other power houses...If we have to change unis for the players ........we are in bad shape.We are not Miami or Md or Oregon we used to be GT.When you go to the stadium and watch us play many folks are wondering ....who the hell are those guys ?.Use Dodd unis or Ross Unis twice a year and then if we can design some decent unis for the kiddies ..wear them.....

Sir, not sure I am reading your post correctly, but Chan was not the first to use Gold tops at home - it was Carson (as far as modern era goes) and Bud had us wear White / Gold / White both home and away for almost his entire tenure. Back in those days one team wearing a White jersey was not required.

And it was Fulcher that tool the numbers off the shoulder and put them on the sleeve, as well as adding stripes to the Gold hats.