New Uniforms on Team's Snapchat

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Why not? Like "Bell Cows" better? ;) (tic) From a really good Wilkinson article: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050109aac.html

Refresher history: "The "Black Watch," the nickname Lindsey conferred upon his defense that fall, glorified big hitters and rewarded them, too. The prize: A thick black stripe painted down the middle of Tech's otherwise all-gold helmets. It went only to the heaviest of hitters -- especially middle linebacker Ted Roof, the heart and soul of the Black Watch; and to No. 99, Swilling, its most talented and dangerous Watchman."
I just don't think the concept helps promote the great team chemistry we have going.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I just don't think the concept helps promote the great team chemistry we have going.
You can't actually do it anymore with different helmet colors, but how about giving black helmet stickers for each act deemed Black Watch worthy? It promotes team chemistry through a shared competitive goal.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
You can't actually do it anymore with different helmet colors, but how about giving black helmet stickers for each act deemed Black Watch worthy? It promotes team chemistry through a shared competitive goal.

Well what were to happen if we put the black strips on everybodys helmets but they just happened to fall off of all the helmets except for a certain few?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I wouldn't hate it but I've never been a big fan of helmet stickers. I think we do have a sledge awarded to the biggest hitter. Not positive on that but if so, accomplishes the same.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
"Refresher history: "The "Black Watch," the nickname Lindsey conferred upon his defense that fall, glorified big hitters and rewarded them, too. The prize: A thick black stripe painted down the middle of Tech's otherwise all-gold helmets. It went only to the heaviest of hitters -- especially middle linebacker Ted Roof, the heart and soul of the Black Watch; and to No. 99, Swilling, its most talented and dangerous Watchman.""

IIRC ... first award =Black stripe and then the Black GT logo .

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think I remember reading that this year they will be selling only #15 (for 2015) as the recent lawsuits have made it too risky to sell jerseys with a specific player's name on them. It's not bad if you're a fan of Smelter or AJ Gray, though.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I heard they were only selling Brad Stewart jerseys. ;)
Maybe the only thing more annoying than the Brad Stewart for President team is the constant baiting/mocking of those folks by the other side bringing him up in every freaking thread. Can we please let this stupid argument die already? Kid's part of our team, we don't need this crap going on anymore.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the only thing more annoying than the Brad Stewart for President team is the constant baiting/mocking of those folks by the other side bringing him up in every freaking thread. Can we please let this stupid argument die already? Kid's part of our team, we don't need this crap going on anymore.
Francis is getting heavy again.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if any of you guys wear jerseys but I just spoke with someone at Tailgaters Alley and the are selling replicas now but with the #15. For the year. Russell will no longer be selling jerseys with players #'s.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't see it that way. I think he is just filling the vacuum left by Chau. Its a joke to say Brad Stewart jerseys or the only ones on sale. Its kind of funny.