New Special Teams Coordinator

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
2011 began 0-13, ended 2-14. DC and STC fired
Seems a little strange to me for a season like that to lead to those two firings. I mean, I can see HC or I can see DC (if the defense was the worst problem), but DC and STC ... Seems odd unless the ST were realllly bad or someone in charge thought this guy was a liability.

I'm not saying it's a bad hire, just saying that part is odd.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a good resume. My one question would be, why did he leave those other jobs? Why did he go from the Colts to the CFL - doesn't seem like a good career move. I don't keep up with the Colts - did they hire a whole new staff in 2011/12 or something?
2011 began 0-13, ended 2-14. DC and STC fired
Yeah I'm a colts fan due to following Manning as a kid at UT. They basically allowed the team to flounder without any hope and then fired everyone as a result of the poor performance. Guess it has worked out alright for them though, still hate they basically crapped on the guy who kept the colts in Indy, got them a new stadium, and brought them a title...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
And don't discount the "Irsay Factor".

Seems a little strange to me for a season like that to lead to those two firings. I mean, I can see HC or I can see DC (if the defense was the worst problem), but DC and STC ... Seems odd unless the ST were realllly bad or someone in charge thought this guy was a liability.

JBR is right that after HC fired two assistants, the owner fired HC

The year Manning was hurt and sat out.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will say the CDW thing is related to some off the field issues..some issues that he created for himself...I doubt he ever says openly what happened.

This is at least an equal hire. CDW did improve the special teams from bad to ok. I like that he has worked with tight ends as with our wide gaps this experience would apply to tackles. Timing is good. I hope this guy takes from ok to good as field position has not been a big plus for us.

But eric what worries me is that coach just gave CDS a raise while " issues" were occurring- I will leave this to can't know everything and move on.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I hate losing so many players especially Custis .. That one is just painful ..

BTW has anyone seen that pic of Nick Chubb circulating that kid is ripped to shreds.

LibertyTurns

Banned
So having an affair gets you fired from your job?
It does when you're diddling on the company's dime, at a company event, and results in an infraction the company has to answer to. Only way it could have been worse is if it was a hooker you tried to expense, a minor, or it was a co-worker's wife you were poaching.