New Special Teams Coordinator

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
That stat about 110 straight games without a blocked punt is awesome. Especially since we will have a new punter.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This looks like a great get. Good job CPJ. Really like the hires he has been making lately. Think our D and ST are in good hands. Now lets keep them here till they get offered their own head coaching jobs.

Off topic but I'm interested to see if Jim Grobe gets a HC gig somewhere soon. I think he's one of the best coaches in the country. Always wanted to see what he could do at a factory. Preferably not at one of our big rivals though.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Will he have time? Practice time is extremely regimented. How does he work the ST's and the OT's within that framework?
Sp teams cant practice much during live drills for the other positions because the fields are taken up. Typically during this time they are off to the side just kicking or punting like u and i on a driving range. The practice can totally be structured for him to coach OT during the linemen sessions and group sessions then when special teams starts typically the linemen break anyway until fg sessions.

The bigger question is off the field. Will one steal from the other. Maybe, so he may just be sp teams focused

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Just saw CPJ said no ST coach has been hired yet...what is going on is this one of those things where we just can't officially announce it yet?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This is who I was told was getting the job last week, so I'm sure pending the background check and all of that stuff he will he hired.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Looks like a good resume. My one question would be, why did he leave those other jobs? Why did he go from the Colts to the CFL - doesn't seem like a good career move. I don't keep up with the Colts - did they hire a whole new staff in 2011/12 or something?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a good resume. My one question would be, why did he leave those other jobs? Why did he go from the Colts to the CFL - doesn't seem like a good career move. I don't keep up with the Colts - did they hire a whole new staff in 2011/12 or something?

2011 began 0-13, ended 2-14. DC and STC fired