New Senior Offensive Advisor Ostrowski

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I'd take someone which coordinator and head coaching experience any day. Since we know CGC pays close attention to every detail, it's safe to assume that he already has a very defined role.

Personally, I think one of the best uses of the "analyst" roles that have proliferated in the last 5 years is the ability to have people assigned to opponents a few weeks in advance. The assistants are usually hyper-focused on the next opponent. Having legwork done to hit the ground running on Sunday/Monday can be a huge benefit.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Well this hire could be a step in as OC if things don't go well this year. I hope these guys work well together.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It'll be interesting to see how a) Coach b) Patenaude or c) both use him. I'm with Kenneth in not seeing where he'll fit, but he has a load of O experience, albeit mostly at Div 2/3 schools.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
He is a senior offensive advisor, what is there to where he will fit? He will look at the offense and provide advice to Patenaude and CGC. He is another set of eyes, you guys are really overthinking this.

Yeah, teams employ guys for these kinds of roles all the time. We will hardly know he is there, but he will hopefully help behind the scenes. I guess we're used to making do with a skeleton crew around here.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Hard to know what he will actually be doing, but I think this is a guy with a resume suggesting he's plenty capable. One of the things the big money programs have is a lot of administrative staff able to help analyze data, organize recruiting and scout film, and offer fresh perspective. I'm glad to see we are expanding this component of our staff.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
He is a senior offensive advisor, what is there to where he will fit? He will look at the offense and provide advice to Patenaude and CGC. He is another set of eyes, you guys are really overthinking this.
I'm not arguing we need more eyes. I'm saying this guy has a ton of mediocre experience and no real accolades in Div 1 which makes him not fit the same profile as everyone else Collins has hired. Maybe that's why he's an advisor. I don't know. I am sure Collins knows plenty I don't. That's why he makes the big bucks....hopefully...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I'm not arguing we need more eyes. I'm saying this guy has a ton of mediocre experience and no real accolades in Div 1 which makes him not fit the same profile as everyone else Collins has hired. Maybe that's why he's an advisor. I don't know. I am sure Collins knows plenty I don't. That's why he makes the big bucks....hopefully...

That's why he is in an advisor role, rather than an assistant coach. You're not going to get a guy with serious D1 accolades to take an advisor role. (Unless you're Saban, who hires fired coaches like Butch Jones to those types of jobs and pays them peanuts while they collect their buyouts from their previous schools)

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
His job is to scout opposing teams and game plan. That way our assistant coaches don't have to hurry through it in a week's time. This guy can spend several weeks scouting an opponent for us.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
There is a lot of grunt work that has to go into a P5 program such as film breakdown of opponents, scouting, etc. and I'm glad to see CGC getting this kind of help. I'm confident if this guy didn't have the skills to get the job done that coach wants done he wouldn't have hired him.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk