New roster additions.....

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
5 Carson Fletcher WR 6-1 197 RS FR Flowery Branch, Ga./Flowery Branch
9 Keegan Hemingway AB 5-6 185 RS FR Boyds, Md./Poolsville
39 Austin Nash AB 5-10 180 RS FR Grayson, Ga./Grayson
68 Hamp Gibbs OL 6-3 260 RS FR Augusta, Ga./Augusta Prep
89 Liam Byrne ATH 6-4 180 RS FR Woodstock, Ga./Woodstock

Devin Smith, Jack DeFoor(I believe Devin was on the previous roster, Jack is a So.-R).
Those are some friggin' awesome names! Hope they play as good as their names sound!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Those are some friggin' awesome names! Hope they play as good as their names sound!

Cheese their full names are even better!
5 Carson Hands Fletcher WR 6-1 197 RS FR Flowery Branch, Ga./Flowery Branch
9 Keegan R. Godhigh Hemingway AB 5-6 185 RS FR Boyds, Md./Poolsville
39 Austin Edge Blocker Nash AB 5-10 180 RS FR Grayson, Ga./Grayson
68 Hampton Shaquille Mason Gibbs OL 6-3 260 RS FR Augusta, Ga./Augusta Prep
89 Liam Calvin J Byrne ATH 6-4 180 RS FR Woodstock, Ga./Woodstock

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Cheese their full names are even better!
5 Carson Hands Fletcher WR 6-1 197 RS FR Flowery Branch, Ga./Flowery Branch
9 Keegan R. Godhigh Hemingway AB 5-6 185 RS FR Boyds, Md./Poolsville
39 Austin Edge Blocker Nash AB 5-10 180 RS FR Grayson, Ga./Grayson
68 Hampton Shaquille Mason Gibbs OL 6-3 260 RS FR Augusta, Ga./Augusta Prep
89 Liam Calvin J Byrne ATH 6-4 180 RS FR Woodstock, Ga./Woodstock
In youth baseball we did a draft for our players and then picked up the kids that signed up late with no try out.
Well i spotted a name of a kid who it looked like was 8. His name was Johnny Locks. I was so sure he would be a stud.
First day of practice - johnny was late. Everyone was warming up when up came a shinny new cadillac and out came johnny and his mom. It turned out ok even though he was 6, a model at a department store and had never played ball. His mom was also a model and this was in the era of hot pants.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
[QUOTE="iceeater1969, post: 414004, member: 1237"
Well i spotted a name of a kid who it looked like was 8. His name was Johnny Locks. I was so sure he would be a stud.
First day of practice - johnny was late. Everyone was warming up when up came a shinny new cadillac and out came johnny and his mom. It turned out ok even though he was 6, a model at a department store and had never played ball. His mom was also a model and this was in the era of hot pants.[/QUOTE]

In other words, even though Johnny hit .132 (.087 with runners in scoring position) and had a fielding average of .333 ( he caught one of the three pop ups hit to him in shallow right field), he started for your team. Like a lot of young athletes, he was just a pawn in the bigger chess game of life that you were playing. Is it exploiting an athlete to use him like this? Who knows, that's not for us engineers to decide and debate. Bottom line, did you achieve your objective in the long game?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="iceeater1969, post: 414004, member: 1237"
First day of practice - johnny was late. Everyone was warming up when up came a shinny new cadillac and out came johnny and his mom. It turned out ok even though he was 6, a model at a department store and had never played ball. His mom was also a model and this was in the era of hot pants.

In other words, even though Johnny hit .132 (.087 with runners in scoring position) and had a fielding average of .333 ( he caught one of the three pop ups hit to him in shallow right field), he started for your team. Like a lot of young athletes, he was just a pawn in the bigger chess game of life that you were playing. Is it exploiting an athlete to use him like this? Who knows, that's not for us engineers to decide and debate. Bottom line, did you achieve your objective in the long game?[/QUOTE]
No long game.
But when we realized i had a terrible team, we sat them down and let them decide what we would do to make the year a success. Vote - try to win every game w best players in key positions all game. or
make every kid play all the positions till the last game and then play the players that did the best.
Lost every game but the last one against the top team . Also the special ed kid ( not johnny) got 2 hits! Great year. No long game out side of the one i married. She and i love bds and gt.
1967.jpeg

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
In other words, even though Johnny hit .132 (.087 with runners in scoring position) and had a fielding average of .333 ( he caught one of the three pop ups hit to him in shallow right field), he started for your team. Like a lot of young athletes, he was just a pawn in the bigger chess game of life that you were playing. Is it exploiting an athlete to use him like this? Who knows, that's not for us engineers to decide and debate. Bottom line, did you achieve your objective in the long game?
No long game.
But when we realized i had a terrible team, we sat them down and let them decide what we would do to make the year a success. Vote - try to win every game w best players in key positions all game. or
make every kid play all the positions till the last game and then play the players that did the best.
Lost every game but the last one against the top team . Also the special ed kid ( not johnny) got 2 hits! Great year. No long game out side of the one i married. She and i love bds and gt.
View attachment 3453[/QUOTE]
iceeater1969, is outkicking your coverage a recurring problem or have you learned to outhustle everyone? ;)

GTFLETCH

Banned
5 Carson Fletcher WR 6-1 197 RS FR Flowery Branch, Ga./Flowery Branch
9 Keegan Hemingway AB 5-6 185 RS FR Boyds, Md./Poolsville
39 Austin Nash AB 5-10 180 RS FR Grayson, Ga./Grayson
68 Hamp Gibbs OL 6-3 260 RS FR Augusta, Ga./Augusta Prep
89 Liam Byrne ATH 6-4 180 RS FR Woodstock, Ga./Woodstock

Devin Smith, Jack DeFoor(I believe Devin was on the previous roster, Jack is a So.-R).
I like Carson Fletcher!!!!!!!! The next Corey Dennis you watch!!!!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
In youth baseball we did a draft for our players and then picked up the kids that signed up late with no try out.
You're not the first coach to draft the mother, you know.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You're not the first coach to draft the mother, you know.
I remind u all, i took Johnny Lockes in a blind draft using only the implication his name provided. The mother actually did his hair so he could get more modeling gigs.

As to the drafting kids to get a mother that was great with cookies and juice for the kids , pronounce me guilty. Peewee ball runs on cookies.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
RICH STANZIONE
CLASS:Junior
HOMETOWN:Washington Township, N.J.
HIGH SCHOOL:Williamstown
6’0” 195
DB

OLIN BROADWAY
CLASS:RS Freshman
HOMETOWN:Atlanta, Ga.
HIGH SCHOOL:Saint Pius X