New regime goal posts

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
It wasn’t a good situation having a large percentage the fanbase incessantly piss on the Team the last decade for no other reason than they hated CPJ’s offense. We really don’t need the fans that stuck with the Team to start pissing back because the shoe’s on the other foot. Collins is the coach for at least 3 years, most likely 5 unless someone has a picture of him & a goat.
do you think this years seniors leaving without a winning record is acceptable? Hasn't happened since a coach was here that was so bad almost no one even types out his name. No one is saying that his highs weren't high, but the last few years have definitely put strain on some of the fan base. Ya acting like people weren't calling for Roof's head the entire last 3 years either because of his frustrating to watch games fall apart in the fourth quarter scheme. The four year stretch at the beginning of his tenure with 36 wins is one of the best in GT history, and year around 2014 will have 33 wins in a four year window but the last 4 with a sub .500 record is the worst in 25 years. What do you see now that makes you think that the downword trend is reversing? Even if a CPJ GT finished with 7 wins next year, we would have 28 wins over 4 years, which is the same exact reason Gailey was fired, sans the uga losses (but is uga getting worse any time soon?)
Johnson absolutely deserves credit for what he did when he was here, but people who want a change in landscape have valid reason as well.

Animal02

Banned
I did that for 5 years in (84-87), made $$$, but felt it making me bitter. Thru in w some buddies and we did ok. .The secret was finding highly competent guys like u ( I suspect) and them putting them with supporting people, processes , tools and paying great bonuses. These guys attracted clients crazy, they and clients like them in a solo that was not bothered.

I bet u are a damn good architect.
I like to vacation too much ;)
The wife is a uni professor ......summers off.....we take 4-5 weeks vacation straight, I take 7-8 weeks a year......can’t do that working for someone or having employees.

LibertyTurns

Banned
do you think this years seniors leaving without a winning record is acceptable? Hasn't happened since a coach was here that was so bad almost no one even types out his name. No one is saying that his highs weren't high, but the last few years have definitely put strain on some of the fan base. Ya acting like people weren't calling for Roof's head the entire last 3 years either because of his frustrating to watch games fall apart in the fourth quarter scheme. The four year stretch at the beginning of his tenure with 36 wins is one of the best in GT history, and year around 2014 will have 33 wins in a four year window but the last 4 with a sub .500 record is the worst in 25 years. What do you see now that makes you think that the downword trend is reversing? Even if a CPJ GT finished with 7 wins next year, we would have 28 wins over 4 years, which is the same exact reason Gailey was fired, sans the uga losses (but is uga getting worse any time soon?)
Johnson absolutely deserves credit for what he did when he was here, but people who want a change in landscape have valid reason as well.
We have a new coach. If you didn’t understand what I was saying I’m not sure i can help you. Maybe we can just support the current players, the newly recruited & the new coach? I can’t fix your disdain for CPJ or improve his record as HC. Not sure why it’s so important to keep hammering that point home, but apparently it’s critical to your support as a fan. I’ve never been one to measure someone else’s failure as a validation of someone else’s success.

Ross & Dodd plus Heisman & Alexander won a national championship. Obviously they won conference championships.
Johnson won a conference championship.
No other GT football coach won anything.

It’s not like we have some massive glorious football history unless you want to keep reliving the 1910-1950’s. No amount of complaining about Johnson is going to change the past. It is what it is.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It wasn’t a good situation having a large percentage the fanbase incessantly piss on the Team the last decade for no other reason than they hated CPJ’s offense. We really don’t need the fans that stuck with the Team to start pissing back because the shoe’s on the other foot. Collins is the coach for at least 3 years, most likely 5 unless someone has a picture of him & a goat.

Im holding CHC to the same standards I have with all Tech HCs. But.....it will be mighty tempting to give some posters a taste of the medicine they have tried to dole out the last decade.

I hate hypocrisy too much to play their game but I won’t hesitate to point out their own hypocrisies.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

I understand the point you’re making about the last 4 years, but I’m just gonna say it’s kind of unfair to the current senior class to hold them responsible for the debacle of 2015. We had a single terrible year and another bad year, and one good year and then one “so close shoulda been good” year. Looking at what we had coming back, I was expecting ~9 wins with Johnson. And btw, any winning season next year would have made the “last 4 years” record look much better as it would replace the 3 win year of 2015. That one season just destroys whatever 4 year window it’s in.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand the point you’re making about the last 4 years, but I’m just gonna say it’s kind of unfair to the current senior class to hold them responsible for the debacle of 2015. We had a single terrible year and another bad year, and one good year and then one “so close shoulda been good” year. Looking at what we had coming back, I was expecting ~9 wins with Johnson. And btw, any winning season next year would have made the “last 4 years” record look much better as it would replace the 3 win year of 2015. That one season just destroys whatever 4 year window it’s in.
Even if you take it out, next year has to have 9 wins to better than Gaileys worst 4 year window, which was 30