New Radio idea for Jacket Fans

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Fellow GT Fans:

BuzzTalk Radio - Pilot

I've got a good buddy that recently launched into Talk Radio and he sees the lack of Metro Atlanta coverage on the Jackets. He approached me about doing a LIVE radio broadcast where fans could actually call in and have an interactive experience and have open dialogue about the state of GT Athletics that would be complimentary to the message boards. We hopped on the radio earlier this week with no script and wanted to post here to get some feedback. Hope that's ok.

This pilot episode is rehashes the season that was (what a season!) and provides details of what's to come on the show. The next couple will be more general "podcast" form as we get the kinks out. However, in the future, we'll set a day likely Thursday's at 8pm for you guys to call in for UNSCREENED open discussion on GT Athletics. We want to hear from you, and we are directing this as an outlet for Jacket fans to hear about their program and be a part of the discussion in REAL TIME.

We plan to officially launch and broadcast LIVE from the spring game on April 17th. We want to become the TALK RADIO voice of the jackets and show other media outlets what they are missing out on by not covering our program. We will have fan battles (EVERYONE'S NOT A HOMER LIKE ME), recruits, coaches, players, etc. join in the discussions at times and have some surprises in the wings. I'm GT '04 and a huge fan and I can't wait for you guys to dial in and be a part of what we're trying to build. By the spring game, we will have something to load the podcast onto your phone for easy access.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and if folks are truly fed up with the chuck/chernoffs, lack of 680 the fan, etc. then we hope we can fill that gap for you each and every week...

GTSuperfan

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
It's going to be fan friendly...obviously no profanity but all opinions will be welcomed. We want the FANS...in all their forms.

Buckle up gentlemen. Tempers will flare at times but at least it will be a step ahead of hiding behind the keyboard.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea, but the execution needs to improve, imo.

The main host, Mike?, was solid. Your "aehh" "aehh" was almost too much for me. I'm not sure that I would listen much if that continues.

Take it for what it's worth.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I think there is definitely a market form this product. Keep expectations realistic at first and see how it blossoms. Continue to develop loose scripts for each episode and work on the execution. It takes practice to develop good flow.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Is there anyway to make a place on this site to download these radiocasts? I drive a lot and would love to listen to this while i drive versus some of the other stuff on the radio.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
AtWork - that was a part of our thought process for many fans. In the coming weeks, we will set up a podcast link so that you can pull it from tunein or podcast apps on your smart phone. We are recording again later today and will plan to post on Tuesday. I should have a clear solution for ease of downloads shortly. Glad you found it entertaining and thanks for listening!