New Pro Jackets Progress

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Not a Pro Jacket yet, but all in due time... Most recent projection I saw from Jon Mayo on mlb.com for KP, albeit a couple of weeks ago:

5. Nationals: Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech (No. 8)
Parada is certainly in the conversation with Lee for best college player in the Draft, a catcher who now has 24 homers. He not only might be the best advanced hitter available in this spot, he also fills a need for the Nats and could move quickly.

May make @FredJacket happy.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Not a Pro Jacket yet, but all in due time... Most recent projection I saw from Jon Mayo on mlb.com for KP, albeit a couple of weeks ago:

5. Nationals: Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech (No. 8)
Parada is certainly in the conversation with Lee for best college player in the Draft, a catcher who now has 24 homers. He not only might be the best advanced hitter available in this spot, he also fills a need for the Nats and could move quickly.

May make @FredJacket happy.
Sorry, brought up an older projection than I had most recently seen, but result is the same from yesterday's update:

5. Nationals: Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech (No. 6)
In a perfect world, there would be a college arm here for the Nationals to take, but there’s not. They’ve reportedly been “all over” Parada.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Durham used to play Columbus in AAA but the teams reorganized team divisions during covid. I think Joey Bart is playing for Durham but haven't seen him pitch yet. I keep trying to find GT players on AAA rosters. I go to 15 games a year and sit right behind the dugout. Same seats since Durham became AAA.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Durham used to play Columbus in AAA but the teams reorganized team divisions during covid. I think Joey Bart is playing for Durham but haven't seen him pitch yet. I keep trying to find GT players on AAA rosters. I go to 15 games a year and sit right behind the dugout. Same seats since Durham became AAA.
Last I heard, Joey Bart was still a catcher in the San Francisco Giants organization.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
From the Mets transactions list:

July 10: LHP Sam Clay claimed off waivers from Phillies
Clay, who received significant exposure out of the Nationals' bullpen in 2021, hooked on with the Phillies last week but did not play a game in their organization. Instead, Philadelphia designated Clay for assignment and the Mets scooped him up off waivers for a second time.

A former fourth-round Draft pick of the Twins, Clay has struggled at the big league level despite a lengthy track record of success in the upper Minors. Most recently, he produced a 3.10 ERA over 21 appearances for Washington’s Triple-A Rochester affiliate, with 20 strikeouts in 20 1/3 innings. Upon claiming Clay, the Mets optioned him to Triple-A Syracuse.
To clear roster space for Clay, the Mets also designated for assignment right-handed reliever Jake Reed. -- Anthony DiComo

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow