New Offense?

Who wants to see us move back to a more traditional offense? Just curious to see everyones take...

• Yay

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 198 87.2%

• Total voters

Matt E

GT Athlete
I like the offense but would like to see a few tweaks. There is no need to go back to pro style. When CPJ leaves I imagine we will evolve to some sort of shotgun spread attack.

Chan15A

Georgia Tech Fan
I like the offense but would like to see a few tweaks. There is no need to go back to pro style. When CPJ leaves I imagine we will evolve to some sort of shotgun spread attack.
Thats part of what I am referring to. Whether or not we could or should start evolving and including a shotgun option attack such as Auburn in a way. I think when a good thrower comes along, that would help him as well. Just a thought

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The option is as traditions as it gets. And no I for one do not want to change. This gives us our best chance to compete on the field with the big boys. It's a scheme they have to prepare for. A little speed and talent added to it doesn't hurt but for us to scrap what we are doing and start over will take at least 2 more years to be somewhat decent. These kids that play in offenses like Oregon and Baylor and Auburn's uptempo style won't come here and we can't recruit the pro style kids that Bama and the rest of the SEC run. We've found our identity. Nebraska did just fine with the option and they got away from it and that's went to ****. I know it's been a rough year but changing coaches and offenses isn't going to turn us into a consistent 10 win team year after year. We've never been that. Ever. As bad as it sounds we are what we are. A good program with a good tradition that's good for 8 wins a year average. Hell I'd love to be like All those teams I listed above but face it as long as we have one hand tied behind our back with academic standards here we can not recruit that level of player they get coming out of HS. Our kids take a year or too longer to develop. So after that rant. I guess I need to go back up and vote.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I swear if we put JT at shotgun to run the offense he would be incredible. He works best in space...when you put him under center you completely limit his talents. Did you see his high school tape? I think the reads would be much easier as well.
I thought he was pretty incredible under center last year with experienced skill position players around him...

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I do like GSUs approach to the triple option. Not saying we should go all they way to that 100% but in obvious passing situations and when we're struggling to hold up the line of scrimmage maybe in can help us in making the reads.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
New head coach? That's the only way "new offense" will happen.

I've come to really like CPJ's offense the more I've studied and analyzed it. I think it has the potential to be the most devastating offense in ALL of football (pro or college)....IF we could ever get our passing game to be consistently good. 2014 was a good example of the type of offense this could be...imagine how much bigger those numbers would have been had our defense been able to force more 3 and outs.

I've always felt Ralph Friedgen's offense was the most aestheticly pleasing, and fun offense to watch. Great passing schemes, great running schemes, and the option game to boot. Loved the all the pre-snap motion, and loved how Friedgen made use of dual threat QBs. Wish he would have had more disciples who continued his offense. James Franklin is actually the closest disciple to putting the same product on the field.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
People keep mentioning Auburn. Y'all know they sucked this year, right? But for an overtime win over FCS Jacksonville State, they're home for Christmas just like us.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
We need to be able to move the ball down the field with a hurry up shotgun passing attack when needed. CPJ is to stubborn for his own good in this regard. Down 6 with 80 yards to go and less than two minutes to play is no time to be under center in our triple option base offense.