New Nike Rollout

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
If the reports are true about Nike's relationship with Colin Kapernick(?), I will officially be done with that brand. I have been a huge fan and customer of some of their products over the last 20 years. Their beliefs and my beliefs no longer line up.

If the reports are true about Nike's relationship with Colin Kapernick(?), I will officially be done with that brand. I have been a huge fan and customer of some of their products over the last 20 years. Their beliefs and my beliefs no longer line up.
It was announced on CBS evening news tonight, so it must be true. I totally agree with you.

Milwaukee

Banned

Then you'll be naked. Every brand signs these clowns. Adidas, Under Armour, you name it. They're all endorsing athletes that are spewing the same things he's spewing. You'll have nothing to wear is all I'm saying, unless you wanna work out in khakis and a vineyard vines polo.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Then you'll be naked. Every brand signs these clowns. Adidas, Under Armour, you name it. They're all endorsing athletes that are spewing the same things he's spewing. You'll have nothing to wear is all I'm saying, unless you wanna work out in khakis and a vineyard vines polo.
I have a lot of khakis.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
From a purely non-political lens: They are a business, and the bottom line is the bottom line. There will be outrage among the Fox News crowd (average viewer age is 65), but that's not who is paying $150 for shoes. Younger people generally support (or aren't bothered) NFL players exercising their First Amendment rights, and that's the audience that Nike (and most non-pharmaceutical companies) covet. If you think a company like Nike cares about Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh railing against them, think again.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
He elected to leave money on the table at SF and it worked against him now he will make it back with Nike. Can’t blame either of them, this is the proper way to exploit the infamy or popularity, depending on how you look at it.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
From a purely non-political lens: They are a business, and the bottom line is the bottom line. There will be outrage among the Fox News crowd (average viewer age is 65), but that's not who is paying $150 for shoes. Younger people generally support (or aren't bothered) NFL players exercising their First Amendment rights, and that's the audience that Nike (and most non-pharmaceutical companies) covet. If you think a company like Nike cares about Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh railing against them, think again.

The Fox News crowd will shake their head but they will be the first to tell you that it is their business and they can do whatever they want. Personally, I think it’s dumb because they will alienate a lot of their customers. But again, they can do whatever they want. I’ve always found their products to be substandard anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk