NEW NCAA FOOTBALL GAME?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like...
way short on $
"IMV Gaming is currently in the process of funding Gridiron Champions, and have to date raised over $18,000 of their needed $850,000."

And...
have no licenses (and how would they given the legal uncertainty)
"Is IMV Gaming pursuing Licenses from conferences as well as teams?
Currently we are not pursing any licensing for our first game at this point and time. Currently our priority is getting the necessary funding to begin full-time development so that we can create a quality foundation for our game. This foundation included gameplay, graphics and mechanics. With that said, we do intend to pursue licensing in the future.
What leagues (D1, D2, D3, JUCO) are you looking to represent?
Our generic teams will cover all levels of football including D1, D2, D3 & Junior College."

It's more likely that someone will make a good, modded '14 with '17 rosters.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why EA didn't take their old college football game, re-skin it with generic schools/teams/stadiums/conferences and just call it "College Football" (no NCAA license), and then allow full editing of all those to let people make the actual schools. Hell, most school and team names are based off very generic names (i.e. University of [state] Tigers/Bulldogs/Wildcats/etc) so having announcers call them out wouldn't be hard. With the internet it'd be so easy for people to create and share a full accurate rebuild for each team...it seems like such a logical step.
I'm guessing one hurdle might be the prior versions of the engine they'd use which has a lot of licensed info in it, so maybe they'd have to re-do it from the ground up for legal reasons, but I believe the demand is out there to make it worthwhile.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why EA didn't take their old college football game, re-skin it with generic schools/teams/stadiums/conferences and just call it "College Football" (no NCAA license), and then allow full editing of all those to let people make the actual schools. Hell, most school and team names are based off very generic names (i.e. University of [state] Tigers/Bulldogs/Wildcats/etc) so having announcers call them out wouldn't be hard. With the internet it'd be so easy for people to create and share a full accurate rebuild for each team...it seems like such a logical step.
I'm guessing one hurdle might be the prior versions of the engine they'd use which has a lot of licensed info in it, so maybe they'd have to re-do it from the ground up for legal reasons, but I believe the demand is out there to make it worthwhile.

I don't understand why they changed the gameplay so drastically between their NBA and CBB games. I'm sure money was a factor but if 2K put out a college game with the same gameplay as their NBA games that would sweeeeet

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Once again I worked with Operation Sports for GT's Roster. Hope there are no complaints I think I did a pretty good job.
On the IMV Thing, the first game will drop in 2019 and will NOT feature Licensed Teams, there will be a creation studio feature in the game where the community can upload logos and make teams uniforms and stadiums. The reason the first game will not be licensed is because the NCAA wants to see if it will be a profitable franchise. Rosters, Logos, Uniforms, and stadium will all be USER created for the first game.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Once again I worked with Operation Sports for GT's Roster. Hope there are no complaints I think I did a pretty good job.
On the IMV Thing, the first game will drop in 2019 and will NOT feature Licensed Teams, there will be a creation studio feature in the game where the community can upload logos and make teams uniforms and stadiums. The reason the first game will not be licensed is because the NCAA wants to see if it will be a profitable franchise. Rosters, Logos, Uniforms, and stadium will all be USER created for the first game.
Are you involved with IMV?
Do you have a copy of the GT roster?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Are you involved with IMV?
Do you have a copy of the GT roster?
No, as far as I know IMV is just two guys that fired up a kick starter. Not sure what their plans are for a team, but they are way behind on funds to make anything special, I honestly don't think they have begun developing yet. As far as GT's roster here's what I turned in : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-j49gBc0N0zdfNlGKRK0k2ldGLyLty5CaS-widtFipQ/edit?usp=sharing
(All spelling errors were corrected, also the rating scale they us is pretty awesome and accurate)

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
No, as far as I know IMV is just two guys that fired up a kick starter. Not sure what their plans are for a team, but they are way behind on funds to make anything special, I honestly don't think they have begun developing yet. As far as GT's roster here's what I turned in : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-j49gBc0N0zdfNlGKRK0k2ldGLyLty5CaS-widtFipQ/edit?usp=sharing
(All spelling errors were corrected, also the rating scale they us is pretty awesome and accurate)
Great job on the roster bro. A few spelling mistake.

Shamire, not Shamir for Devine.
Zach, not Zack for Zach Quinney
Pressley, not Pressly for Harvin.
Clark, not Clarke for Charlie Clark.