New Movies

slugboy

Staff member
It is with 100% certainty, I can say it's not Two For The Money.

“Eight Men Out” is by far the best I can think of, by John Sayles.

Also worth watching:
“Snatch”
In a bizarre sort of way, “Pulp Fiction” (the entire Bruce Willis section of the movie).
Finally, “The Hustler”/“The Color of Money” kind of go together

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah rounders beats the others going away.
pot GIF

war football GIF

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
“Stillwater,” is an incredible film. Matt Damon will sweep the best actor awards.
Not since Good Will Hunting, has he been involved in such an incredible project.
Warning, it’s almost 2 1/2 hours long. Spoiler alert, plot twist ahead!

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
It is with 100% certainty, I can say it's not Two For The Money.

I know I'm a few weeks behind on this conversation but Rounders is excellent. Uncut Gems is up there for me also.

A movie not on the list though that should be is The Hustler.

If you want to add a comedy to the list then it needs to be Kingpin.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anybody watch that Beckett movie on Netflix?

I watched because it was billed as a Fugitive-type movie. Needless to say I came away slightly disappointed.

You can't dive from like 4 stories and land on a car then walk away with minor injuries. You're welcome.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else watched Reminisce yet? Started out well - kind of like a Raymond Chandler novel but set in the future. The middle was weak, but had a decent ending. Overall not a great movie, but a good way to kill a couple of hours.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else watched Reminisce yet? Started out well - kind of like a Raymond Chandler novel but set in the future. The middle was weak, but had a decent ending. Overall not a great movie, but a good way to kill a couple of hours.
I watched it. Overall, I thought it was not a very good movie. The ending was interesting, but it took a long, long, long time setting up the ending. If I had paid to see it at a theater instead of watching it with my HBOMax subscription, I would have been upset.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

I watched it. Overall, I thought it was not a very good movie. The ending was interesting, but it took a long, long, long time setting up the ending. If I had paid to see it at a theater instead of watching it with my HBOMax subscription, I would have been upset.

Interesting, my wife and I almost watched it Saturday. It was long 2.5 hours so we went with the newish Ryan Reynolds Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. It was what we expected (deadpool light, with a fun cast) and with some suspended belief it was enjoyable.

Still planned to watch it this weekend (felt like it was a combination of Inception and Tenet. It has us excited to see it - sounds like for free, it is worth the price of admission (time value of hours)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On vacation the past week and got out to the theater yesterday to see Shang Chi.

Really entertaining with plenty of great fight scenes and a nice intro for an MCU character.