New Helmets for Pitt

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is the main reason for this being that Pitt's helmets are so similar in color to our own gold ones?

Naaah, can't be. We've been told extensively all offseason that it was the navy jerseys that made us look too much like Pitts. Surely it can't be the gold that's the problem.

Disclaimer: (I'm sorry you got caught up in this, vamos. This heavy snark isn't being directed at you.)

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Naaah, can't be. We've been told extensively all offseason that it was the navy jerseys that made us look too much like Pitts. Surely it can't be the gold that's the problem.

Disclaimer: (I'm sorry you got caught up in this, vamos. This heavy snark isn't being directed at you.)
Not taking the bait....not taking the bait

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Haha, what a guy, apologizing for catching vamos in the tomfoolery that he can't help but start.. ;)

Love the White hats - Hate the unimaginative, copy cat stripe.

Wonder if they tried to use an Old Gold face mask with it?

Like the idea of Gold facemasks with the white hat

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Since we are talking about Pitt colors...why do they sometimes come out looking like UCLA? What's up with that?

I think a decade or so ago, their AD arbitrarily decided to change the blue to a navy blue, and at the same time changed their unique script to a horrible logo.

Horrible branding decision.

MidnightJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I actually prefer the white helmets Alcorn State had to ours. Those helmets, with navy instead of purple, would be pretty sweet. Their gold (on the helmet anyway) looked gooooood.

5b8b0c00e6ca1.image.jpg