New GT gameday App

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Ugh, just tried it out. Crashes every time, and my phone had already updated to the new ones of the old one is lost.

Come on Georgia Tech you're an institution of Technology make your app work

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ugh, just tried it out. Crashes every time, and my phone had already updated to the new ones of the old one is lost.

Just as we're masters of technology, we're equally masters of ham-fisting marketing opps.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

My wife constantly complained that people who worked at Tech were abysmal when it came to tech.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Here is a question. Has anyone noticed for a Tech school we don't really integrate technology with the fan base that well? I mean the app should be really cool, and our hype videos before the week should be awesome, yet I feel we fall short. Something I think Stansbury should look into. As younger generations are very "phone" inclined it would only benefit GT to produce a winning app, and features for it's fans or misguided fans of other teams, haha.

We need to work full force on being extremely relevant in social media (in a good way), and reaching out to gain new members to the fanbase. I'd love to see 42-50k fans in Bobby Dodd on September 1st against Alcorn state, but as a program and more importantly as a BRAND we are not there yet. I am fully invested in helping GT build a brand for themselves that resonates with a causal fan.

How can anyone know how it's working till a game day or a call in show? I could listen to radio broadcasts on the app from two years ago, but I couldn't on the version last year, having to separately use the TuneIn app instead.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How can anyone know how it's working till a game day or a call in show? I could listen to radio broadcasts on the app from two years ago, but I couldn't on the version last year, having to separately use the TuneIn app instead.
The app is not just for gameday. You can look at rosters, schedules, merchandise, etc.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
The app is just a pretty interface with links to outdated web based content.

Junior Jacket information is for 2017-18 season and we are 30 days from kickoff. Junior Jackets should be promoted the spring PRIOR to football season to promote the program to a young audience and their families.

There is zero stadium information in the app. I click on BDS and it just shows me a calendar with football games.

We'll see how functional it is when the season starts.

Milwaukee

Banned
Open it again. It may try a deep pass this time...

giphy (43).gif