New GT App

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly as a person who designs apps and as a graduate of GT, which is ranked #6 in CS-related courses this app is pretty embarrassing. It's got the meat of what you want but it's horrifically designed both from a UX and visual perspective. I wish I knew who worked on it.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Would've been surprised if this was developed in-house.
Georgia Tech Athletics joined forces with IMG and SportsLabs to develop the Georgia Tech Gameday app to keep Yellow Jackets fans connected to the action while on campus or watching from home. The Georgia Tech Gameday App will replace the current official app for Georgia Tech Athletics.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Here's more information

It was done by SportsLabs. Given that there's an IMG blurb as well, I'm assuming this falls under the marketing rights they own. Doubt GTAA could build their own even if they wanted to do so given the contract.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Here's more information

It was done by SportsLabs. Given that there's an IMG blurb as well, I'm assuming this falls under the marketing rights they own. Doubt GTAA could build their own even if they wanted to do so given the contract.

I've had this app for about a week now and it looks like a lot of teams have the same app made by this developer..I love it btw

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I just like the live game audio.

Thank god. About time. I was getting tired of having to find a new internet radio stream virtually every game that was actually broadcasting the game to mobile devices. My understanding is that IMG does not allow that. I guess now that this is their app, it is okay.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
I was paying on the old app to have access to game audio and live video of baseball games. Does this mean I won't have to pay any longer?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Finally out of meetings. Got email earlier today announcing the app.

@Sean311 - are you using android or apple version? Battery usage issues?

Anyone else that's been using can you answer the questions above too?

Thanks

Milwaukee

Banned
Quick question: so this app will allow me to stream each football game and basketball game from my iphone, and run it through my surround sound?

If so, I'm pysched. The internet feeds I usually use are spotty.