New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This is Awesome! Collins is a media GENIUS. This is how we get attention on THE INSTITUTE!
Agree with the change in getting the school talked about and perhaps this is going to get this off message with this thread's theme but there has been, without a doubt, a line item added to the AA's budget with a significant amount of dollars plugged in to it. I'm curious as to how all of this new media came about. It's quite a change for the Institute but, to me, it begs the question...are all sports going to get this attention? Or did a donor, perhaps along the lines of CJ21, pony up the cash for this and dictate that it's for football only.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
No I pretty much nailed it. Don't try to spin not liking grey unis as being some kid basher.
WRONG.

The correct answer is great job adidas, GT and CHOA. It benefits the children. Any negativity about this charity drive is ****ing imbecilic.

If you haven’t read the article yet then maybe I’ll understand but once you read the article you should back track and apologize. Paging supersize

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Some of y'all can't see the forest for the trees. Its not about what the uniform looks like, its about the kids. Stay at home for that game if it pisses you off so much, nobody wants to hear your whiney asses in the stadium anyway.

I'd love to buy one of these jerseys (yes I know they are for sale), assuming that some of the proceeds are going to CHOA, but I don't see that listed anywhere. Anybody know, or are they just lining adidas and Tech's pockets?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Some of y'all can't see the forest for the trees. Its not about what the uniform looks like, its about the kids. Stay at home for that game if it pisses you off so much, nobody wants to hear your whiney asses in the stadium anyway.

I'd love to buy one of these jerseys (yes I know they are for sale), assuming that some of the proceeds are going to CHOA, but I don't see that listed anywhere. Anybody know, or are they just lining adidas and Tech's pockets?

Per previous post, 100% of proceeds going to CHOA.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

"Fans can support Cape Day and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta by purchasing replica jerseys and other Cape Day-themed apparel at retail locations throughout Atlanta and online, including ramblinwreckstore.com. Proceeds from the sale of Cape Day items will be donated to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Additionally, fans are also encouraged to show their support for our community’s young superheroes by purchasing gold capes from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and wearing them on Cape Day and to the next day’s GT-UNC game at Bobby Dodd Stadium. To learn more, visit www.choa.org/capeday."
https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-childrens-unveil-cape-day-adidas-uniform/

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Read the article people

Milwaukee

Banned
WRONG.

The correct answer is great job adidas, GT and CHOA. It benefits the children. Any negativity about this charity drive is ****ing imbecilic.

Give me a break. He wanted us to wear grey so he tied it to a great cause, and you bought it hook line and sinker. The irony is great.

They're ugly af. Period. For the 2nd time, don't try to spin that with the cause itself. But keep tryin I guess.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Wanted to pull out this portion from the article (reposting https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-childrens-unveil-cape-day-adidas-uniform/ )

Fans can support Cape Day and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta by purchasing replica jerseys and other Cape Day-themed apparel at retail locations throughout Atlanta and online, including ramblinwreckstore.com. Proceeds from the sale of Cape Day items will be donated to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Additionally, fans are also encouraged to show their support for our community’s young superheroes by purchasing gold capes from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and wearing them on Cape Day and to the next day’s GT-UNC game at Bobby Dodd Stadium. To learn more, visit www.choa.org/capeday.

You can visit here to purchase gold caps / purchase one for a patient: https://give.choa.org/site/Ecommerce?store_id=3481

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Give me a break. He wanted us to wear grey so he tied it to a great cause, and you bought it hook line and sinker. The irony is great.

They're ugly af. Period. For the 2nd time, don't try to spin that with the cause itself. But keep tryin I guess.

This is a bad take. Clearly CGC just wanted to wear gray unis. No other reason.....dumb comment is dumb

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about y'all, but I couldn't see any colors through the backside of tears. This is great.

For those with their Lane Bryant panties in a wad, I wouldn't care if GT wore pink for Breast Cancer-Mother and both grandmothers are survivors, or purple for Alzheimers-Grandfather died from it. I wouldn't care what color we wore as long as it serves a higher purpose.

I believe we are better than complaining about colors when we are raising awareness for sick kids.

Quick story, I have a childhood friend who is a die hard uga fan. She has 3 kids. the youngest was born several months early and is still struggling but improving. Year before last, just after the birth, the 2 oldest kids was at the Ronald McDonald house and a group of GT dance and cheer teams came through. They spent time playing and coloring with him and his sister so his mom could rest. BOTH of those kids are now GT fans and get excited when my car drives up with the Buzz and GT logos on it. This should be what GT is about.

Standing Ovation:)

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think its great. The cause is awesome and we gotta quit worrying so much about "tradition" for traditions sake. We are not Alabama and if we don't want the whole program to become a subject for the history books we gotta let go. I love the classic look but it doesn't get kids excited the way this kinda stuff does......AND THIS IS FOR A GREAT CAUSE, so even if you can't stand it......SHUT UP THIS ONCE!