New formations..

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Tell me then do you see any flaws with CPJ and his program he's built at GT?

Did you forget to wash your breakfast down ATL1?
cpj kool aid.png

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't believe you're being serious. It was one of Vad's better games, but it was not one of the better games compared to TW and JN, imo. Scores and total yards are team stats. I don't see how the QB stats support your conclusion. We would have had two more passing TDs if Vad had hit open receivers.
It's so hard to judge a QB anyways. The OL has to protect the QB and the RBs need to block, the receivers need to run their routs well and catch etc...

Considering the lack of talent at OL and WR in the past many years, I think we're leaning a bit hard on our QBs (as a fanbase).

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised to read this cause your post have not shown balance objectivity.

I think that I've striven to be fairly objective in most of my posts. In this most recent exchange with @Techster I've expressed a differing opinion but began by admitting the possibility of Observation Bias.

I think if you look more closely at the posts you have in mind, a recurring theme will be my defense and support of our offensive scheme as not being the problem for our record. The statistical success of our offense for the last 6 years has been pretty impressive.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's so hard to judge a QB anyways. The OL has to protect the QB and the RBs need to block, the receivers need to run their routs well and catch etc...

Considering the lack of talent at OL and WR in the past many years, I think we're leaning a bit hard on our QBs (as a fanbase).

I agree. As I said in my first response to @Techster, I saw the game differently than he. So, I pointed to stats not to say they prove my point but to say that there's evidence on the other side. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but they are part of the story.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I agree. As I said in my first response to @Techster, I saw the game differently than he. So, I pointed to stats not to say they prove my point but to say that there's evidence on the other side. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but they are part of the story.

But see stats don't tell the full story.
You have to provide context to the stats.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Not picking on you specifically, but can you guys all please stop with the "Vad didn't buy into the offense" mantra?

Full disclosure: I have not spoken with Vad Lee personally. I don't know the kid and I'm not one of the stalker types, so I'm not going to befriend him on social media and ask him. So I don't have a way (or desire for that matter) to speak to the kid and ask his side of the story.

But I do happen to be friends with one of the assistant coaches on the team and I asked him about the whole Vad Lee situation and what happened. And I specifically asked him if he thought that Vad was playing soft due to a lack of "buying in" to the system. Here's what he said or WTTE:

"Hell no. As long as Vad was here, he was a vocal leader. A motivational guy. He worked harder on the field in practice than everyone else and tried to set an example. He busted his butt in the weight room and in film study. He was all we asked for as a QB. I personally think he just got hit so much back there because our line play was so atrocious that it got to the point he was mentally having a hard time fighting for that extra yard because he was taking a bunch of shots."

So then I asked, "well then why did he transfer"?

Answer: "He felt like he had a better shot at getting drafted to play professional football somewhere else. He told us that he thought we would open up the offense to throw the ball more and he didn't feel like we had done that or would do that. So he decided to go somewhere else so that he can get what he considers to be a better shot at getting drafted."

FWIW, he also doesn't think Vad plays his senior year at James Madison. He thinks Vad transfers to a D1 school to play his senior year but it will depend on how successful he is this year at JMU.
This makes plenty of sense to me......kid was NFL bound in his mind and we couldnt get him there.Like you not sure he makes it at big school but again he didnt look comfortable taking a snap from center since he didnt do this in HS..glad to see the kid was busting his *** for his team.