New Depth Chart

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting. Looks like Freeman and Chungong overtook Stargel. Can't say I'm disappointed. I like Stargel but he has not generated any sort of pass rush at all.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Step looks to be a solid #2 behind White. Milton, Lawrence, and Griffin fighting for the other top spots.

Harrell did not make the depth chart

June made the depth chart

Marshall still at #2 center even with O'Reilly back.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting that Harrell is nowhere to be found? Maybe he rushed back from injury? Any news here, Eric?

We have got to find some usable depth on the O-Line. If we can roll out the entire second team O-line and still move people around, then that will easily win us a game or two down the road. You can't ride 5 guys all year long.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I do like Freeman and Rook starting. I think both Tylers will get snaps too but Freeman and Rook look to have the most upside to my untrained eye.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
A thought. Maybe all the concern over experienced depth and who we haven't seen in a game is a product of people's expectations to win these first two games in a lopsided fashion?

If you were all set for the starters to only play through the first series of the 3rd quarter and then get to see the bench get cleared than I guess that could motivate so much concern over not seeing this or that player getting snaps.

But the games have not played out in a manner to let coaches turn their focus into making wholesale line and personnel changes. In the heat of the moment when a mistake can swing a game the staff is simply playing to win on each possession and play.

I have thought in past years that the Tech depth chart didn't mean all that much and being a starter was not so huge a reward because the coaches were typically able to get some decent rotation . . . at least on offense I should specify (recalling Groh's exhausted starters in 4th quarters brings back bad memories). So far this year earning the starting spot in practice has carried a lot more cache. So be it.

I am rooting for our starters to play so perfectly that they get the team up big so as to earn themselves a rest and get the backups in that way.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
GSU isnt the type of team to get blown out by very many teams. I don't expect a blowout. I do expect a win and doubt the game hangs in the balance in the 4th Qtr. May not get 2nd and 3rd stringers as many reps as we would wish.