New Depth chart released

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
We have a big physical O-line, So how are they holding up going against our 1's in scrimmages and practice? B back dive/give should be a pretty good in you face test

From my vantage in the stands no big BB runs in the scrimmage. Middle of the D lne held up well all day. Byerly makes one big run about midline. Most O yardage came on pitch and toss outside or pass receptions. I was actually impressed with the D1 and D2 DL.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Where is A Harrell?.We have walkon in 2 deep at LB when we are suppose to be "so deep" there? hmmm

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Where is A Harrell?.We have walkon in 2 deep at LB when we are suppose to be "so deep" there? hmmm

If I remember correctly, he is not fully recovered from injuries suffered last year. I think is supposed to be back later in the season.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Harrell has been in yellow all camp...we are deep at LB. Maybe instead of looking at in a negative light you should look at in a positive as to what it says about that walk on...as he has been very impressive. He also turned down offers to walk on here.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Harrell has been in yellow all camp...we are deep at LB. Maybe instead of looking at in a negative light you should look at in a positive as to what it says about that walk on...as he has been very impressive. He also turned down offers to walk on here.

I noticed some good play from Alford in the Spring game and am not surprised he is playing well. He is athletic and very well built. He has been in the system long enough to learn what Roof wants and if he is performing his status as "walk-on" is a mute one.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Making a two-deep is earned not granted to you because you got a scholly. Odd that a Tech fan would react negatively to a walk-on making a two deep so soon after Godhigh's success, let alone Bedford's.

If you find 5-6 walk-ons in a two-deep then there could be some other systemic issue like a rash of injuries (and thus no depth) or the aftermath of a coaching staff getting fired. But to see one or two walk-ons crack the 2-deep much more likely means that the kid is pouring his heart and soul out to help his team and achieve his potential and earn a scholly.

Congrats Alford! Keep up the hard work.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Making a two-deep is earned not granted to you because you got a scholly. Odd that a Tech fan would react negatively to a walk-on making a two deep so soon after Godhigh's success, let alone Bedford's.

If you find 5-6 walk-ons in a two-deep then there could be some other systemic issue like a rash of injuries (and thus no depth) or the aftermath of a coaching staff getting fired. But to see one or two walk-ons crack the 2-deep much more likely means that the kid is pouring his heart and soul out to help his team and achieve his potential and earn a scholly.

Congrats Alford! Keep up the hard work.
Key word here.