New Depth chart released

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yes, it looks like the best size we've had on th O-line for a while.
I'm assuming these guys are all pretty athletic as well ... size, speed throw in alot of heart and chemistry, things may be looking up !!

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
Do you know if Trevor Stroebel is pushing Sean Tobin any? Probably the best depth we've had at LS in a while.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
How the heck is Brandon Oliver on the 2-deep? Also curious that Harrell is nowhere to be found.

And does anyone have a clue how to spell Michael Summers’ name?

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Did we lose a backup kicker Roberto ????. I think he transferred in in the spring. I noticed Saturday Butker was the only one kicking on Saturday, normally I'll see Johnson give other kickers a shot in the scrimmages.

So glad to see Perkins at no 1, he made a lot of good plays last year when he was in the games. Looked real good Saturday.

Wow, all seniors at A-Back, Andrews and Snoddy will be set for no 1 the next year.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
O 2-deep
-------------------
AB/BB: 7 Seniors; no Juniors; no Sophmores; no Freshmen. (Wow)
OL: 1 Senior; 4 Juniors; 14 out of a possible 33 class years of experience on the offensive line**

D 2-deep:
------------------
4 seniors; 50% Jr/Sr*; 9 out of a possible 24 class years of experience on the defensive line**

* I am counting redshirts as their actual class (r-Jr = Jr)
** Sr = 3 class years of experience; Fr = zero class years of experience. So if the entire two-deep OL were seniors; we would have 33 class years of experience

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Austin twins mean business! Could have a all brother tandem on each side one day. Still not sure I'm comfortable with their size, but Jemea Thomas is only 5'9 and that worked out well for us.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
So Bryan Chamberlain is the starting LT? Holy smokes...hope he's gotten better.

Going to be scary on 3rd and long watching him come out of a 3 point stance trying to block someone like Vic Beasley. Putting him on the blindside seems suicidal. Unless he gets help our Qb's are gonna get killed. We would be better off putting Braun over there and letting Devine start at guard.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First impressions: OL is near 300lbs per man, LB corp looks the best we have had in a while, DB looks deep, but the DL scares the crap out of me.
I hear you, but I have to say that the DL did OK Saturday. I am still not sold that we are good there, but I am less worried than I was. Gamble is a bigger guy now. He is more physical. Kallon can hold point a little bit and help jam things up. Gotsis is a solid starter. Green can penetrate a little. We are far from dominant. That is for sure. If I had to characterize where we are right now on the DL (without injuries) I would use the words "serviceable" and "thin".

I think the world of Freeman. He may be rushed into service a little, but he can play. He is a hard guy to keep blocked.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I know this will not be our starting lineup come the VT game. I think we have a good grasp on who will be contributing, by and large, this year though.

PD or smith both technically starters depending on which alignment we open the game with (as DTGT indicated)

Feel very good with our back 7 on D. Best we have had in a very long time IMO. We are pretty light in the pants on Dline and only one there is a proven stud. I have seen smallish Dlines do well, some VT Dlines come to mind, but it's better to be big and athletic than small and athletic. Dominating time of possession and running lots of clock on O might be needed to keep our Dline from getting ground down by big lines and gassed late in games. We have some promise here but 6 of the 8 DL are pretty unproven and one of the more proven, Green, has been prone to injury.

We are pretty inexperienced at QB. We will make some rookie mistakes along the way at this position. That said, Im more confident with our options and depth here, preseason, than I've been since 09.

Abacks.....feel solid about this spot. We have tons of experience here and all of these guys have made plays. Feel equally confident with our G,C,G spots on Oline. The tackle spot is a concern. One has experience but has battled with inconsistency. The other starting tackle appears to have great upside but is young. Backups at OT are young AND unproven.
Bback....our starter is primed to have a nice year. I don't see him in the running for a Heisman or Doak Walker, but a spot on the All ACC team would not shock me when all is said and done. Depth however is a concern.
WR. Smelter is solid and capable. The others have ability. Overall I think this group is more serviceable than outstanding. Much of our success passing will be more determined by our ability to protect the QB and allow him to make the right reads.

Just my 2 cents and prolly not even worth that.

Declinometer

Banned
I know this will not be our starting lineup come the VT game. I think we have a good grasp on who will be contributing, by and large, this year though.

PD or smith both technically starters depending on which alignment we open the game with (as DTGT indicated)

Feel very good with our back 7 on D. Best we have had in a very long time IMO. We are pretty light in the pants on Dline and only one there is a proven stud. I have seen smallish Dlines do well, some VT Dlines come to mind, but it's better to be big and athletic than small and athletic. Dominating time of possession and running lots of clock on O might be needed to keep our Dline from getting ground down by big lines and gassed late in games. We have some promise here but 6 of the 8 DL are pretty unproven and one of the more proven, Green, has been prone to injury.

We are pretty inexperienced at QB. We will make some rookie mistakes along the way at this position. That said, Im more confident with our options and depth here, preseason, than I've been since 09.

Abacks.....feel solid about this spot. We have tons of experience here and all of these guys have made plays. Feel equally confident with our G,C,G spots on Oline. The tackle spot is a concern. One has experience but has battled with inconsistency. The other starting tackle appears to have great upside but is young. Backups at OT are young AND unproven.
Bback....our starter is primed to have a nice year. I don't see him in the running for a Heisman or Doak Walker, but a spot on the All ACC team would not shock me when all is said and done. Depth however is a concern.
WR. Smelter is solid and capable. The others have ability. Overall I think this group is more serviceable than outstanding. Much of our success passing will be more determined by our ability to protect the QB and allow him to make the right reads.

Just my 2 cents and prolly not even worth that.

Very nice write up. The only thing I don't agree with is the ability to protect the QB and allow him to make the right reads. The reason, TO passes are immediate. If your executing the TO correctly the open route is there immediately. There isn't much time needed to read the correct receiver.