New Depth chart released

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I'm guessing demond smith is making a push to play since he's the or at both safeties?

I too found it interesting that we still have 3 LBs listed.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Couple of notes...

I think they wanted to get PJ Davis and Nealy on the field at the same time and made the switch to the 4X3 versus the 4X2. This allows Paul to be a rusher to help with pass rush. I wonder why they picked PJ over Demond and Noble. They all three seem very good. Perhaps Paul's run until the end of the play is the difference maker. FYI, I am all in on PJ Davis. I love his passion for the game.

Klock is the only freshman to break the 2 deep for OL. We all know Brown could go if needed this year for OG. Marshall is getting praise, but I think CPJ would like to redshirt him. These might be the three freshman OL most likely to play in 2014.

For some reason I think OReilly may be slight better than Burden, but there is something about Burden the coaches like. It could be attitude or the number of snaps he can take or his command of the offense line. Either way, the coaches seem to be leaning Burden.

Lynn and Waller should make the two deep after the first two games.

Demond Smith is an "or" for both safeties starting spots. He could win a starting spot or ay least be the first off the bench.

Freeman at DE is the only starting freshman at this point.

Marrieweather at DE and the Austin twins at CB are the only freshman to crack two deep on the defense.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
It's going to be interesting to see how our D line holds up against stiff competition. If that position group can just stay healthy in the 2 deep rotation we've got a pretty talented secondary. Could be an interesting year. Love it that we're going "back to basics" on offense. I predict 9-3 with a win over the mutts in Athens........and we cap it off with a bowl victory.......and then with a top 20 recruiting class......and a Paul Johnson contract extension. Heard it here first :)

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
It's going to be interesting to see how our D line holds up against stiff competition. If that position group can just stay healthy in the 2 deep rotation we've got a pretty talented secondary. Could be an interesting year. Love it that we're going "back to basics" on offense. I predict 9-3 with a win over the mutts in Athens........and we cap it off with a bowl victory.......and then with a top 20 recruiting class......and a Paul Johnson contract extension. Heard it here first :)

You got some more of that to go around?