New Band Uniforms

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
I know we've been talking a lot about the game last night and I don't like to be negative but did anyone else see the new band uniforms last night. SHORT SLEEVE band uniforms. Really ugly in my opinion. I see what they were trying to do with the two stinger concept that's part of our new branding but the old uniforms were way better. Stick with the traditional look.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
As a band alum,

These are okay. I don’t think they are ugly. I get what they were trying to do. Looks better far away then up close. They are gonna hate the short sleeves once November comes around.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Talking to a few current members now, looks like this uniform is a lot more comfortable which is a big plus for them and the design they think is okay, not great.

GT_EE78

Banned
I know we've been talking a lot about the game last night and I don't like to be negative but did anyone else see the new band uniforms last night. SHORT SLEEVE band uniforms. Really ugly in my opinion. I see what they were trying to do with the two stinger concept that's part of our new branding but the old uniforms were way better. Stick with the traditional look.

I never even noticed
what is going on with those shoulder pad wings?
Was that yellow or gold?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They'll be in long sleeves once the weather allows for it. Would have loved to have had short sleeves back in my day.
Same. And if the material is more breathable, that’s a plus too. Getting through those early season games were a struggle with the old uniforms. I think they’ll really appreciate it next week when they’re doing a ton of running between the Campanile and the stadium.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Same. And if the material is more breathable, that’s a plus too. Getting through those early season games were a struggle with the old uniforms. I think they’ll really appreciate it next week when they’re doing a ton of running between the Campanile and the stadium.
The Roaming Band won't die either.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
These are really bad uniforms. Sorry, but short sleeves should have never been a part of the conversation. I was in band, so I know the old unis were hot, but it just looks really bad having white short sleeves, then skin, then white gloves. It would have made more sense to do some kind of light mesh on the sleeves rather than take them off. Also, I like the design, but the stingers aren't the "right shade of gold" TM. And they have a weird shadow printed on there that looks odd.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just more GT overthinking a situation without any thought of consequences. Why not wear shorts (white/gold/blue plaid) with flip flops?

Wonder how many bands we will see on TV this weekend in short sleeves

?

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Don’t care what the band wears, just keep playing fight songs etc for us and I am super happy. We need them just to fill the student sections as more and more students are in library vs games.

Complete segue, can we bring back the differentials cheer, can’t society take it now? And just a few games of Rats on Field. I use to yell Rats on Field w the students when I was younger and miss that tradition.

Don’t care what the band wears, just keep playing fight songs etc for us and I am super happy. We need them just to fill the student sections as more and more students are in library vs games.

Complete segue, can we bring back the differentials cheer, can’t society take it now? And just a few games of Rats on Field. I use to yell Rats on Field w the students when I was younger and miss that tradition.
Some of the Clemson student section didn't fill up till close to KO last night, but it WAS filled, and it was filled BEFORE KO.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Some of the Clemson student section didn't fill up till close to KO last night, but it WAS filled, and it was filled BEFORE KO.
Last year, I really noticed that the student section felt as if it has shrunk and still doesn’t look full. It may be optics, but it looks a lot less full of students. It use to be the northeast lower and upper stands were full of students as was the north stands and some of the south as well. That’s ok, I guess as we have had a bit of a shift in those that follow american football and those that don’t. We alumni have to make up difference.