New Assistant Director of Player Personnel

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
What happened to my comment?

It was based on the fact that I have worked around the guy...so I do not know why it would be deleted!

I assume @John is the one that deleted the comment, I am sure he will give you an explanation as to why he felt the post should be removed.

We have to be especially careful as to what we say on this site due to recruits, recruits parents, staff and players reading it. The last thing this site will ever be used for is to negative recruit against Tech.

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
I assume @John is the one that deleted the comment, I am sure he will give you an explanation as to why he felt the post should be removed.

We have to be especially careful as to what we say on this site due to recruits, recruits parents, staff and players reading it. The last thing this site will ever be used for is to negative recruit against Tech.

Very understood

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Very understood
Let's go ahead and keep the personal attacks out of this site per the rules. I know it's very common excuse to say "I was joking" or "I was exaggerating" but that in itself doesn't allow people to circumvent the "no personal attack" rule. If you really are curious which part of your comment became a personal attack, feel free to PM me and I can highlight the comment for you.

As far as censorship comments are concerned, there has been more than plenty of negative comments posted on this site daily that are not removed because there are multiple ways for you to post a negative opinion without making it personal.

Ramblinwreck1991

Georgia Tech Fan
I look forward to seeing what this new hire will bring to recruiting. I like that he has Georgia ties and it looks like he has some Alabama ties as well. I wish this guy the best of luck and welcome to the Georgia Tech Family.

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
Let's go ahead and keep the personal attacks out of this site per the rules. I know it's very common excuse to say "I was joking" or "I was exaggerating" but that in itself doesn't allow people to circumvent the "no personal attack" rule. If you really are curious which part of your comment became a personal attack, feel free to PM me and I can highlight the comment for you.

As far as censorship comments are concerned, there has been more than plenty of negative comments posted on this site daily that are not removed because there are multiple ways for you to post a negative opinion without making it personal.

Never said I was joking or exaggerating and yes I would like to know what was inappropriate in what I said .

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok...try this again...I do not have the highest opinion of this guy based on my personal experiences with him and for how he is looked upon in many coaching circles in Georgia. If you would like to know more just PM me.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Ok...try this again...I do not have the highest opinion of this guy based on my personal experiences with him and for how he is looked upon in many coaching circles in Georgia. If you would like to know more just PM me.

I mean this could still go into personal attack land. I'm always thought it was in reference to other message board members.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I mean this could still go into personal attack land. I'm always thought it was in reference to other message board members.
I'm fine with it. He is allowed to have this opinion. There were other parts in the post that was removed that made it a personal attack, it's was not the opinion itself.

Edit: Whether the community members believe one person's opinion or not is a different story and is for everyone to decide for themselves. As for me, as @Eric said, like a lot of staffing positions, only time will tell.