New assistant coach

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I like this play. I suspect Eskildsen really connects with smart kids who want to play high level basketball and get a great degree.

Speaking of which, Pete Nance is still available 👀

Really nice Thursday for GTMBB today b/w the new coach and Blue Cain!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
On a basketball team I hope it's more from the backcourt.

Youre Funny Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Heh, are you here all week though? Should I tip my waitress?

Hit us with a rim shot next time so we know the jokes over.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Eskildsen has been part of a successful run at Harvard, contributing to three Ivy league championships. In 2020, Amaker told Stadium that “Brian is our recruiting coordinator and has developed into one of the top assistants in the country. He is complete (at) recruiting, teaching, leading and building relationships.”

In the search, Pastner placed a high priority on recruiting ability, an increasingly important asset with the transfer portal becoming such an integral part of the game. Eskildsen held the title of recruiting coordinator at his two stops prior to Harvard, both with similar academic reputations – Rice and Stanford.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Interesting we got him on a basically lateral move after Wilkins got the Assistant HC role.

It is interesting but asst coaches move relatively often, iiuc. Maybe he just wanted to get out of the Ivy league? Saw ACC as an upgrade?

We also lost Reveno to a similar 'lateral' move, it could be argued.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Reading about the players he's developed, very similar to Reveno: String of developing all conference players. Development is SUPER important at GT since getting "day one" types are few and far between now.

Add to his development record, apparently he's a very good recruiter. The knock on Reveno is that he wasn't that good of a recruiter. Well, if this guy can develop talent AND recruit...well, that's a net plus.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

BRIAN ESKILDSEN - HARVARD​

Brian_Eskildsen_-_Harvard_small.jpeg

Brian Eskildsen is entering his ninth season with the Crimson. Eskildsen has led the Crimson to three Ivy League titles and an NCAA tournament appearance in 2014-2015. For the first time since 2014-2015, the Crimson achieved the 20-win mark in 2019-20, ending with a 21-8 record. Harvard defeated Power-5 league foes Texas A & M and California en route to its fifth-highest victory total in program history, and enjoyed a pair of long winning streaks (8 games and 6 games). After finishing second in the regular season, the Crimson earned a berth in the Ivy League Tournament, but the league and university canceled the event, as well as the rest of the spring schedule, thereby terminating the momentum of the season. Despite the premature end, Noah Kirwood was named first-team all-Ivy, and Chris Lewis, who finished his career as the school’s all-time leader in blocked shots and field goal % was named 2nd-team. In practically every year he’s been with the school, Eskildsen has been crucial in helping recruit and develop (9) all-Ivy League players, including Seth Towns (All-American), Bryce Aiken (First-Team), and Noah Kirkwood (First-Team). Eskildsen started his career as a program assistant at Tennessee working under Naismith HOF head coach Pat Summitt. Eskildsen switched to the men’s side and worked as a DOBO for New Orleans before he served as a video coordinator for Stanford under Johnny Dawkins for three seasons. In his second season, the program went 26-11, including an NIT Championship.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have to say I like what I see Pastner doing to try to “right the ship”. Maybe it works, maybe not, but he’s not sitting and trying the same thing over and over.

Or keeping his Defensive Coordinater.