New ACC Contracts for Bowls in 2020

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Good I'm over the belk bowl. Hope that bowl continues its crappy attendance & teams.

https://watchstadium.com/news/college-football-bowl-game-changes-to-begin-in-2020-03-05-2019/

Will be curious what this means.

New ACC Tie Ins

Holiday bowl vs. PAC-12 (Will this replace the Sun Bowl?)
Belk will be vs B1G/SEC
ACC will always be in Gator vs SEC
No longer have a contract with Music City, but that is covered by full time Gator
If B1G is in the Orange Bowl, ACC gets Outback vs Citrus.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Glad to see the Gator Bowl being annually ACC. Even though I live next to the Music City Bowl, I'm all for not having a tie in there. They don't seem to ever have a desire to take an ACC team.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Why does the ACC continue to have any interest in a west coast bowl ? San Diego is nice but the addition of that bowl reduces Techs bowl chances. If fan travel is a concern for Tech going Annapolis Maryland it dang sure will be for San Diego

Animal02

Banned
Glad to see the Gator Bowl being annually ACC. Even though I live next to the Music City Bowl, I'm all for not having a tie in there. They don't seem to ever have a desire to take an ACC team.
I think it is a mistake not having rotating tie ins. It mixes up which teams go a lot more. Potentially giving fans a new destination. But then, it never is about the fans.....it is all about TV.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it is a mistake not having rotating tie ins. It mixes up which teams go a lot more. Potentially giving fans a new destination. But then, it never is about the fans.....it is all about TV.
Agree. All the Tier 2 (pinstripe, Music City, Gator, Outback, Sun, Alamo, Vegas, Holiday, etc.) Bowls should have a live serpentine draft after the playoffs and Tier 1 games are announced on ESPN. Rotate the draft selection annually.

Bowl game diversity would aid the teams, leagues, and bowl attendance. Plus prevent teams get screwed over like GT (Belk, Music City, etc.)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why does the ACC continue to have any interest in a west coast bowl ? San Diego is nice but the addition of that bowl reduces Techs bowl chances. If fan travel is a concern for Tech going Annapolis Maryland it dang sure will be for San Diego

What is the ACC qualification to get Holiday bid?

Nice trip for sure.

But what ACC. teams will travel well to that?

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

GTFLETCH

Banned
https://watchstadium.com/news/college-football-bowl-game-changes-to-begin-in-2020-03-05-2019/

Will be curious what this means.

New ACC Tie Ins

Holiday bowl vs. PAC-12 (Will this replace the Sun Bowl?)
Belk will be vs B1G/SEC
ACC will always be in Gator vs SEC
No longer have a contract with Music City, but that is covered by full time Gator
If B1G is in the Orange Bowl, ACC gets Outback vs Citrus.
My Guess for 2020-25 ( I think we lost the citrus tie in but gained the Outback??)

1. CFB Playoff
2. Orange vs BIG, SEC, ND
.................2b. Outback vs SEC (When BIG is in the OB)
3. Camping vs B12
4-8.
Gator vs SEC
Holiday vs PAC12
Belk vs BIG/SEC
Pinstripe vs BIG
Sun vs PAC 12
9-11.
Military vs AAC
Detroit vs BIG
Independence vs SEC

GTFLETCH

Banned
Updated guess for 2020-25 ( I think we lost the citrus tie in but gained the Outback??)

CFB Playoff
1. Orange vs BIG, SEC, ND
.................1b. Outback vs SEC (When BIG is in the OB 2 out of 6 years)
2. Camping vs B12
3-7.
Gator vs SEC
Holiday vs PAC12
Belk vs BIG/SEC
Pinstripe vs BIG
Sun vs PAC 12
8-11.
Boston vs AAC
Military vs AAC
Detroit vs BIG
Independence vs SEC

link
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/03...2-vs-sec-big-ten-in-bulked-up-las-vegas-bowl/

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wish Gatot was not always an SEC team. If we are not playing them in a playoff game I would rather see a team from another part of the country.