New 2019 WBB Commitment & Misc.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Is it too much to ask why these repeated Top 20 recruiting classes are not being turned into Top 20 finishes on the court?

I freely admit it may be an ignorant question, as I don't follow women's basketball closely, but it does seem like there is a pattern and I was just wondering if those closer to the sport can enlighten me...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Is it too much to ask why these repeated Top 20 recruiting classes are not being turned into Top 20 finishes on the court?

I freely admit it may be an ignorant question, as I don't follow women's basketball closely, but it does seem like there is a pattern and I was just wondering if those closer to the sport can enlighten me...
Coaching,Coaching and Coaching;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We have had some roster turnover since our Sweet 16 team. Injuries.
CMJ stopped developing her bench and having those aggressive pressing, defensive teams. Part of it is chemistry with talents like Kaela Davis not fitting in, partly because some recruits have been overrated. She has her “go to” favorites. The other ones don’t always accept their role, after being High School Stars.

Not all good recruiters are good coaches. I’ve been to a few practices in the old days, when Cremins would just roll out a basketball to Price or Dalrymple. Just one opinion.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice win. We took the lead early and kept it going the whole game. They almost got back in but we were able to build our lead back up when they got it close. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, nice job by the Lady Jackets. Whatever problems they have shown in prior seasons, maybe they have turned a corner. It's been a while since we beat ranked teams with any regularity

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Nice charity tossing, 18-22. Dixon with another double-double. Cubaj, was a presence down the stretch. Perimeter and guard shooting not so good, but they went to the line and hit most of those FT’s. Scott back from the injury room, 4-12. She will help.

The win has to build some confidence, especially after that grueling 2OT loss on the road at Houston(who are blessed with a very experienced starting five).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Nice win opening the Cancun two day event. Dixon fouled out, but filled up the stat sheet prior to exiting. Balogun lead us with 19, Pan was right behind her in scoring.

So good to have the newbies mixing with the upperclass women. Cubaj played 19 quiet minutes, although beating GW by 15 is a good sign of not letting up. Especially with a big lead in the third quarter.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Cubaj has been nursing a sore shoulder, reinjured vs. Idaho St., but came back in before the blowout win.

A nice 5-1 start...if we can beat #7 Myd.(who just beat the Mutts 58-51), a top 25 ranking should be forthcoming.

Liz Dixon had a tournament, and Pan made first-team Cancun. She tallied her 1,000 point at G.T., with plenty of more games left in her career. Pan could have an outside shot of 2k.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
So why isn’t the game with MD being televised? It’s not on either DirectTV or ESPN3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So why isn’t the game with MD being televised? It’s not on either DirectTV or ESPN3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Big Ten network has broadcast rights.

But considering we trail 25-8 early in 2nd quarter, it’s probably best we don’t get to watch....

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Big Ten network has broadcast rights.

But considering we trail 25-8 early in 2nd quarter, it’s probably best we don’t get to watch....
Actually a good game, we got within one point but the comeback took too much out of us.