Neutral site game - Charlotte/Nashville?

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Has there ever been talk of playing either the annual game vs UVA or VPI&SU at a neutral site like Charlotte, NC or Nashville, TN? Kinda like how UGAg and UFL play in Jacksonville at the Jaguars stadium..

Charlotte and Nashville are the only big cities that are sort of equidistant from Atlanta and Charlotesville/Blacksburg with an NFL team/stadium. Might be worth an experiment in the future? It would make a good day trip for Tech fans. Thoughts?

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Has there ever been talk of playing either the annual game vs UVA or VPI&SU at a neutral site like Charlotte, NC or Nashville, TN? Kinda like how UGAg and UFL play in Jacksonville at the Jaguars stadium..

Charlotte and Nashville are the only big cities that are sort of equidistant from Atlanta and Charlotesville/Blacksburg with an NFL team/stadium. Might be worth an experiment in the future? It would make a good day trip for Tech fans. Thoughts?
How about Washington or NY?...family trip and football...

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
How full is BoA Stadium during the ACCCG?

Going to Grant Field is apparently too much trouble for some ATL area GT "fans" :rolleyes: - so a "day trip" would be out of the question for them. Until there are 55k screaming GT fans showing up at home, there would never be enough fans willing to travel to make a regular-season game worth giving up a home game every other year.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
How full is BoA Stadium during the ACCCG?

Going to Grant Field is apparently too much trouble for some ATL area GT "fans" :rolleyes: - so a "day trip" would be out of the question for them. Until there are 55k screaming GT fans showing up at home, there would never be enough fans willing to travel to make a regular-season game worth giving up a home game every other year.

I'd rather travel to Nashville to go play VPI&SU than Blacksburg.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
It's an interesting idea. Large markets, although Nashville already has the Commodores.

The thing is that I would hope -- and with GT involved, I'm confident -- that it would never be necessary. This may just be an urban legend but I always understood the reason for the WLOCP neutral site was because of the violent, outlandish, over the top behavior of both fanbases. Of course not every GT fan is an absolute saint (all the time, anyway ;) ), but I don't believe we'd ever become like either of them.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
Yea unless there's some history there, college football is all about being on campus.

Have you ever been to Charlottesville in the fall. It's really nice, they don't care about football to much there and many people are snooty, but it's gorgeous.

VT is a cool atmosphere at the stadium, and tailgating around there is really fun. I would rather leave those traditions than replace it with some sterile NFL stadium that won't let us drive the wreck on their field.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Yea unless there's some history there, college football is all about being on campus.

Have you ever been to Charlottesville in the fall. It's really nice, they don't care about football to much there and many people are snooty, but it's gorgeous.

VT is a cool atmosphere at the stadium, and tailgating around there is really fun. I would rather leave those traditions than replace it with some sterile NFL stadium that won't let us drive the wreck on their field.

But it's haunted!! :wideyed: ;)

So they put both of them in Jacksonville, Florida!!!???

Yes, of course. So the barbaric, mindless, hysterical drunken violence is at least impartial. (y) :rolleyes: