Need Some Good Names

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Shaft...but that depends on your POV

The North Avenue Special

The 4 Natty's

The 1990 Edition

NATSBoy (ode to our North Ave Trade school moniker and the bat from movie The Natural)

BuzzBoy (See above)

Dodd's Thumper

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
What kind of boat? Pictures would be great! I've recently become obsessed with building a jetjon for fishing the Chattahoochee and seeing as you seem to enjoy hunting, could this possible be a duck hunting boat?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
What kind of boat? Pictures would be great! I've recently become obsessed with building a jetjon for fishing the Chattahoochee and seeing as you seem to enjoy hunting, could this possible be a duck hunting boat?
I'll try to post some and yes you should definitely be able to duck hunt from one

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I recently refurbished an old boat, nothing special, but I did put a new deck in it along with a thorough sanding job before priming and painting. Now I'm at the naming portion of this job. So drop your best GT related boat names!

LOL...I thought you wanted us to name a bat! LOL...I was giving you name for bats and you wanted boat names...:whistle:

slugboy

Staff member
I love “Ramblin’ Wreckage”.
Golden Tornado is an oldie
Barrel of Rum (if you have a Chris Craft maybe you can have a Barrelback of Rum)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
  • JfN
  • Megatron
  • The Goose Is Loose (or Loosey Goosey)
  • The Good Word
  • Steam Whistle While You Twerk
  • I Passed Drownproofing
  • I Failed Drownproofing
  • Burger Boalt
  • 2nd and 26

Deleted member 2897

I will post some tomorrow. We finally dried out enough for me to uncover it. You'll be pleasantly underwhelmed lol

edit: but for an aluminum boat thats older than myself, Id say it looks pretty good.

The name will make the boat!

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Okay So heres a link to my One Drive file. Hopefully whoever is interested in it can see the photos. Its only 7 pics. I can always take more if any of yall need an idea for how to do a certain thing.
As you can see I used 3/4" weather resistant plywood as my decking in the front. I anchored the back of the deck into the old bench seat and ran support beams down into the hull (No screws in the hull) so I can stand on the front of the boat and make casts.

The paint is rattle can cheap white primer and some higher quality yuppie paint that Home Depot was trying to sell to the DIY folks. (Olive is the color btw) I like it, worked well. I also sanded the boat twice by hand to smooth it out. I replaced the old bow hook just a new I bolt and replaced all the old rope that was on the crank. Lastly I put some of that pink panther foam board in the bottom to assist with keeping it up in the water column AMAP. I still need to add the outdoor carpeting and put a smaller deck in the back so my wife can lay out while I fish, but it's ready for the water now!

It does have some dings and dents, but I only have about 200 In material and as it sits now I can flip a profit if I choose to sell. Now I just have to save for a nice foot controlled trolling motor and a 15 hp Johnson. My plan is to add about 5 or 6 LED lights to the front, mounted to an aluminum bracket of sorts, so I can bowfish from it, but that definitely wont be this year. I hope the link works.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ArEUX_WBmtLgunAPyyATmiSG3X9q