Need more excitement and hate around here!

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
At 7-2, this is one of our best seasons in 15 years, up there with 2006, 2009, and 2011 (first half anyway).

Not to mention, Alto State Prison-Athens Campus is 6-2, having lost a very winnable SEC East by dropping games to bad Florida and USCe teams.

It doesn't get much better than this, folks (though, UGA could always lose to Kentucky).

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Everybody keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I, for one, am learning to just enjoy the ride! The past few years of GT football I spent in agony, waiting for us to implode or fail on a big stage. This year I am enjoying the excitement of JeT running a well-oiled machine of an offense that is set to explode on the national stage when we beat CU and UGAg! JeT will get offseason Heisman hype and we have marquee matchups next year! Yeah, I said it!

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Everybody keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I, for one, am learning to just enjoy the ride! The past few years of GT football I spent in agony, waiting for us to implode or fail on a big stage. This year I am enjoying the excitement of JeT running a well-oiled machine of an offense that is set to explode on the national stage when we beat CU and UGAg! JeT will get offseason Heisman hype and we have marquee matchups next year! Yeah, I said it!

I agree with you, very exciting. Out of curiosity, what is this "JeT" thing you got going? Is it a thing, or are you trying to make it a thing?

That being said, let's just take care of business and beat NC State first.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
here's some hate, i hate ALL of the local sports talk radio hosts/shows. With the season this JT is having and i have yet to hear his name mentioned. Tech with a top 5 offense and a nice season.....nothing.
I heard one of the idiot hosts on 92.9 the Game say that Tech isn't serious about winning the natty until they "ditch the option". Seriously dude? One of the top offenses in the nation and you'd ditch it? Morons.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It stands for Jemea Thomas as distinct from Justin Thomas, but people misunderstood, and it stuck.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
In all honesty, I was thinking this year was going to be the year we'd be "feeling things out" as Justin Thomas was becoming acclaimated as our starting QB, and was setting us up for a big season next year and the year after. I also thought this was applicable since Ted Roof will be in his third year as our Defensive Coordinator so we will have cycled out of Groh's players into Roof's and they've had a chance to learn his system so they can be more attacking rather than reacting.

What I've seen is that Justin has taken to our offense MUCH faster than I anticipated, which has offset some of the deficiencies the defense has had so far this season, potentially helping them as they're getting their feet under them as the season has progressed, so they have done better than most expected at the beginning of the season. If the defense can show improvement, and Justin can keep up his momentum, then I see no reason this team can't win out the rest of the season and be set up for a high ranking going into the next season, which is where they need to be for a shot at the Playoffs.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
JeT = Justin effin Thomas
I always thought is stood for this:

sonicboom1.jpg

Atomic Jacket

Banned
This is mostly due to the layout of our schedule. Barring a miracle or two, we will finish the season with 2 losses to Clemson and Georgia. The bowl game is likely to be a loss as well, since the team will have weeks to prepare for the triple option. Right now, it may seem like a simple matter to shrug off a 3-game losing streak to close out a season, but I've been around Tech football long enough to know how quickly a disappointing loss can kill any kind of goodwill, let alone consecutive losses to both major rivals along with a nationally televised bowl loss. Huge potential here to spiral down into a quagmire of negativity around the football program that will last all off-season. And the disturbing thing is, as it stands now, the odds are that it will happen.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Well, the boy and I plan to do our part in helping the team win by showing up and supporting them.
I will be on the Flats next weekend beginning Friday on the hard court watching the boys bish slap the mutts @ the Mac P. Then Saturday will be spent watching them "turn the jackets loose" and bust some cats azz.....

I invite anyone else reading this to do the same.
It looks like the makings of a great weekend...THWG

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
This is mostly due to the layout of our schedule. Barring a miracle or two, we will finish the season with 2 losses to Clemson and Georgia. The bowl game is likely to be a loss as well, since the team will have weeks to prepare for the triple option. Right now, it may seem like a simple matter to shrug off a 3-game losing streak to close out a season, but I've been around Tech football long enough to know how quickly a disappointing loss can kill any kind of goodwill, let alone consecutive losses to both major rivals along with a nationally televised bowl loss. Huge potential here to spiral down into a quagmire of negativity around the football program that will last all off-season. And the disturbing thing is, as it stands now, the odds are that it will happen.

Who let you in here? By hate I didn't mean hate for GT my man! This is the scrappiest team I've seen since Joshua Nesbitt ripped a fumbled football back from an FSU player in a game we weren't supposed to win.

Heck, we weren't supposed to beat BT or Miami let alone both!

We can score enough to win. Our defense has shown a capability to come up with a stop or turnover. We have more than a fighting chance to beat two teams that perennially outspend and out recruit us.

We are one onside kick and one stop away from being undefeated. Un. Defeated. This team has been fun to watch every single week win or lose.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
I am optimistic about this team winning out the rest of the year. Given the professional analysis posted by longestday and others, I leave my hyperbole for posting on other sites.

I chose a handle that has no bearing or relation to my other site names, so that any posting or discussion here is somewhat intellectual.

But, in the spirit of this thread, "we gonna win str8 up cuz our mind=rite! We skrong!"