Need Help

ClemsonMick

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson fan here but I come in peace. I play fantasy college football and need some help.

I can’t for the life of me find where KirVonte Benson landed. Do any of you possibly know? Also, who do you expect to lead the jackets backfield this season?

Thanks in advance.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Clemson fan here but I come in peace. I play fantasy college football and need some help.

I can’t for the life of me find where KirVonte Benson landed. Do any of you possibly know? Also, who do you expect to lead the jackets backfield this season?

Thanks in advance.

We're not running the spread option this year, so we're not the fantasy trump card this year.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen that Benson landed anywhere. I am not sure if he was ever cleared to play or even intends to.

I am not sure if any of our backs are a sure bet fantasy option right now. Jordan Mason may be the leader early but I expect RB by committe early on. If you can get Jamious Griffin on the cheap, there is upside potential there for sure.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Everything I've seen since spring seems to indicate Mason will be the main guy. I think #2 is a toss up between Howard, Smith, Malloy. Howard is likely a fullback type more than the other 2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ClemsonMick

Georgia Tech Fan
Did he land in the transfer portal?

We are as clueless as to the RB lead on this team as you are. There are like 4 in the running. I guess a safe bet would be Mason.

The only news I can find is from May that said he was going to enter it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That should say Patenaude instead of Collins. Kind of associated them together since he came over with Collins.

Fwiw, I don't think we'll have a single stand-out running back.

Based on their experience, Jerry Howard and Jordan Mason are expected to be our top two, but we have a lot of buzz behind younger guys.

I think coach p likes one back sets, but we'll probably run a lot from 2 back sets.

slugboy

Staff member
Have we practiced a straight I or other two back set since coach P got here?

(Seriously, not sure that I remember seeing one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Have we practiced a straight I or other two back set since coach P got here?

(Seriously, not sure that I remember seeing one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we've practiced 2-back set. We ran some in the Spring game, with two running backs on either side of, and slightly behind, QB in shotgun.

slugboy

Staff member
Yes, we've practiced 2-back set. We ran some in the Spring game, with two running backs on either side of, and slightly behind, QB in shotgun.

So we ran split backs, but not an “I” with a fullback. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ellison seems to be the one that is showing the most in preseason camp. I think Mason and Howard are good but not great. Malloy and Griffin get a shot but neither is gathering much positive press. The rest are window dressing, Cottrell, Jarrett, Smith, Amerson and Whatley.

Go Jackets!