#NDvsGT 55 to Zero

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
"The only thing..."? Not the embarrassing beat down and the total lack of effort by the players? This team quit on the coaches, on their teammates and on themselves but they have those stars coming out of high school to burnish as their credentials into "the League".
We were talking about the professionalism of the A/V staff in Notre Dame Stadium.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No one over say age 7 would type C*******. Grow up
Oh? His winning percentage is now lower than Bill Lewis. Seems appropriate under the circumstances. After all, how many Tech coaches have had their picture photoshopped on the Wreck under the caption "WRECKED" with his abysmal win-loss record. Some persist in trying to defend the indefensible.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Collins will survive this year and so will TStan. Not enough people understand that the reason Collins is here is because alot of the important money men wanted him here.
He will be here at least 1 more year, maybe 2.

I do think he needs a 6 win season next year though to likely get that yr 5.
"...Collins is here because a lot of the important money men who have more money than the good sense God gave a sweet potato wanted him here." FIFY They may be secure in the knowledge that they have put this program down to the level of Duke. CFN just released their top to bottom rankings for the ACC regardless of divisions. We were at the very bottom just ahead of Duke. Good job gentlemen.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What happened to them?

A few years back they were actually getting good. Or is my memory mistaken?
Long story short, Coach Cut got old and the recruiting, such as it was, fell off. Duke HAS to have superior quarterback play to be competitive and that was Cutliff's primary strength as a coach. This is a program in decline but no one notices because the ceiling was not that high anyway. Under Coach Cut, the Devils went to bowls, had winning seasons, even won the Coastal once, I think, (may have to check that) and were truly competitive especially for a private school.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
What happened to them?

A few years back they were actually getting good. Or is my memory mistaken?
The reason is now in the NFL playing QB for the Giants. When did we ever put a starting QB into the NFL? Duke is a tough place to recruit to due to such bad attendance but the kids they get are more interested in the Duke degree. They are also attracted to being around a top basketball program.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Long story short, Coach Cut got old and the recruiting, such as it was, fell off. Duke HAS to have superior quarterback play to be competitive and that was Cutliff's primary strength as a coach. This is a program in decline but no one notices because the ceiling was not that high anyway. Under Coach Cut, the Devils went to bowls, had winning seasons, even won the Coastal once, I think, (may have to check that) and were truly competitive especially for a private school.
As long as he is honest and doesn't hurt basketball, Cutcliff will be okay. The last thing Duke wants for its football is an expectation they might win.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
As long as he is honest and doesn't hurt basketball, Cutcliff will be okay. The last thing Duke wants for its football is an expectation they might win.
I just spoke with a Duke friend today. He goes to all home football and basketball games. He said most of the fans around him want coach Cut to retire. They don't want to fire him. They are ready for a change. Complained Cut has hired too many former Duke players as coaches.

Gomez Adams

Jolly Good Fellow
I just spoke with a Duke friend today. He goes to all home football and basketball games. He said most of the fans around him want coach Cut to retire. They don't want to fire him. They are ready for a change. Complained Cut has hired too many former Duke players as coaches.
Cough cough cough NEBRASKA cough cough cough

GTcanWINagain

Banned
That is depressing
Oh? His winning percentage is now lower than Bill Lewis. Seems appropriate under the circumstances. After all, how many Tech coaches have had their picture photoshopped on the Wreck under the caption "WRECKED" with his abysmal win-loss record. Some persist in trying to defend the indefensible.
There are definitely some lovers of mediocrity on here! They would have fought Homer Rice from firing Bill Lewis; I am 100% convinced.

Last edited:

JPaul

Georgia Tech Fan
You may want to book another wine tasting on Saturday.
So, I put our FB tickets for Saturday up for sale at a Black Friday bargain price while in the airport in Chicago on the way home from South Bend last Sunday. Maybe there is a UGA fan out there who normally wouldn’t go but would like to watch his/her alma mater play the game the way it should be played. If they don’t sell I’ll donate them. I haven’t gone fishing in a long long time. Think I’ll go Saturday if it’s not raining. A wine tasting’s another good option. Enjoy.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
So, I put our FB tickets for Saturday up for sale at a Black Friday bargain price while in the airport in Chicago on the way home from South Bend last Sunday. Maybe there is a UGA fan out there who normally wouldn’t go but would like to watch his/her alma mater play the game the way it should be played. If they don’t sell I’ll donate them. I haven’t gone fishing in a long long time. Think I’ll go Saturday if it’s not raining. A wine tasting’s another good option. Enjoy.
If you don't want to go that is fine , but to sell them to a uga sucks.