#NDvsGT 55 to Zero

jacket38

Jolly Good Fellow
A picture it is said is worth a thousand words. This one captures the essence of the Collins' era. Too bad, it was shown on national television. The flat tire on the front wheel is a nice touch, do you think? But at least the triple option is gone.
it's also smoking out the tailpipe LOL. I did not catch it the first time around.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Collins will survive this year and so will TStan. Not enough people understand that the reason Collins is here is because alot of the important money men wanted him here.
He will be here at least 1 more year, maybe 2.

I do think he needs a 6 win season next year though to likely get that yr 5.
I assume that you have inside info? hard to believe our richer classmates have such bad judgment, how did they get that rich? Most of us get turned off by a used car salesman?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We just got mauled by a middle-of-the-road ND team. I wanted to give Collins a chance, and did. Fire him now. We hired a fraud and huckster who should be selling pots and pans door-to-door.
Um, #5 in the nation is not middle-of-the-road. Your opening statement puts doubt on everything you say after that. Not saying you're right or wrong about the second part, but the first part makes you look silly.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Unless I missed some, Wake has two 4* HS recruits on their current roster. They have some transfers that were possibly 4*, but they are having success with a roster most of would not trade for.
Pretty heavily a senior-laden team. Big difference. Not defending our team for their lack of positive performance, but not all teams are built the same.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Following up on my post about the gameday production at ND:

Why can't GT have a professional gameday production? It seemed like a showbusiness team was in charge of the production at ND. At GT, things are haphazard and sometimes roll on top of each other. Comparing the two, ND looks like Broadway and GT looks like a high school drama club play.
The only thing I hated was that every time our band started to play, the ND band would play over them or they'd blare music through the speakers that drowned out our band. That was very unprofessional.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
That is depressing
There were actually two photos. First:

1637560979085.jpeg

Followed by:

1637561026131.jpeg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Um, #5 in the nation is not middle-of-the-road. Your opening statement puts doubt on everything you say after that. Not saying you're right or wrong about the second part, but the first part makes you look silly.
ND gets rated every year, rain or shine, and they do it with mediocre football teams as relative to their goal, the championships which they lobby for with all the skill of a Washington bootlicker. I could be wrong but I think they were 8th when we screwed the pooch. Sorry, but I consider ND a middle of the road midwestern punching bag for honestly good football teams. Check have they have fared in the playoffs when they finagles their way in.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Very true. That's why I've always hated Notre Dame.

They would be preseason ranked number 10 and wind up losing 5 games. For YEARS.
There was an interesting show this weekend featuring Notre Dame. The take was that Notre Dame had wanted to join a conference, but no one wanted them. So, they made a decision to barnstorm ... taking the train and playing Army, USC and all of the other leading teams at the time. This built Notre Dame into a national brand and it's been a national brand ever since.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
ND gets rated every year, rain or shine, and they do it with mediocre football teams as relative to their goal, the championships which they lobby for with all the skill of a Washington bootlicker. I could be wrong but I think they were 8th when we screwed the pooch. Sorry, but I consider ND a middle of the road midwestern punching bag for honestly good football teams. Check have they have fared in the playoffs when they finagles their way in.

By this metric, uga is mediocre as well and we should be competitive with them on Saturday...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I mostly agree with this, but not this year. They're a very good team. They're beatable, but they're an upper-echelon team THIS YEAR by their play.

Very true. That's why I've always hated Notre Dame.

They would be preseason ranked number 10 and wind up losing 5 games. For YEARS.
ND has always been my #2 hated team, specifically because of this reason. But they're 10-1 this year, with their only loss to Cincinnati, who should be a playoff team if they win out.

By this metric, uga is mediocre as well and we should be competitive with them on Saturday...
First part true except I'd substutite OSU, Oklahoma, or Alabama. Second part...well by this metric, we see how we did against ND.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There were actually two photos. First:

View attachment 11657
Followed by:

View attachment 11658
A bad look anyway you slice it. I don't think NBC should be doing stuff like this but its hard to argue with the numbers. I had not realized the contrast was so sharp. Now I really appreciate George, Chan, and Paul for the work they did. As for Geoff, he should be ashamed of himself but I don't think he is being in a fog of hype and self delusion. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The only thing I hated was that every time our band started to play, the ND band would play over them or they'd blare music through the speakers that drowned out our band. That was very unprofessional.
"The only thing..."? Not the embarrassing beat down and the total lack of effort by the players? This team quit on the coaches, on their teammates and on themselves but they have those stars coming out of high school to burnish as their credentials into "the League".