Jolly Good Fellow
Sweet! Getting some national pub.

Attachments

• 6EC748CD-9C3F-4142-AFAC-934C2A38682F.jpeg
    6EC748CD-9C3F-4142-AFAC-934C2A38682F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I just got to my hotel after the game. I didn't hear any commentary other than the other GT fans that were around me, so this is just my view from the stands. The secondary looked pitiful. (If I were an opposing offense I wouldn't even try to imply that I was going to run. I would pass every play because the secondary cannot stop a pass play.) The offense didn't do very much. After the few big plays, they followed up with fumbles, or timeout-false start-delay of game. I find it extremely hard to believe that after 10 games the team can still not get a substitution and a play call in within 40 seconds.

I do think that ND does a very professional job of running the game. The announcer, band, sound, video board, audio, etc. were all in sync and all done professionally. Their video board was tied into all of the cameras, even the fly-by camera, and the replays were almost immediate and extremely well edited. I would guess that has something to do with their NBC contract. The GTAA should spend some time there to find out how they manage the games. (Not the technical aspects of one thing or another, but how they manage and pull all of the pieces together.)

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve been a GT fan my entire life which granted isn’t too terribly long. I can remember always trying to find the scores to the game or hoping to catch it on TV or make the trip to see it in person. Even when my life started getting busier I would put the game on record to watch later or listen by radio or now the GT app. However, this year, I watched NIU and Pitt. That’s it. Sure I kept up with a handful of others and even caught the end of the UNC game, but the on field product has literally turned me off from trying to keep up with the team.

Today didn’t shock me in the slightest. I fully expected to be shelled. I did expect us to put up some points though. For instance, I logged into the GT app to listen while I was on the road and it was about 10 minutes left in the second quarter. ND was up 31-0 and when I heard the score, I didn’t get sad. I didn’t get upset. I actually felt nothing. Within the next two minutes I head a GT 3 and out, a shanked punt, and an Irish TD and again felt nothing. I simply turned off the app and listened to the radio.

We’ve been exposed. The gameplan against us is simple, man up our outside receivers and send a blitz. The 3 and out I referenced I believe the Irish sent a blitz every play and we couldn’t stop it. We knew what was coming and instead of checking out of it or going max protect we simple ran right into their blitz.

I say all that to say this. Our players have been robbed. Robbed by a man who told them to stay and he would get us back to the ELITE programs across NCAA. That College Gameday would come back and we would host meaningful late night games regularly. Well, he hasn’t coached them up to anything. This is a highly talented group of men who are not being coached properly or having someone get the most out of them. I’ve checked out. I have no emotional attachment anymore. As a lifelong fan, that hurts. It hurts to not care about the team I’ve loved to watch since I was little. So many great memories are tied to Tech and now I can’t even bring myself to be sad or shocked when we get demolished. It will be worse next week for sure. There’s blood in the water and Kirby will throw Crean a bone after last night. All I care about now is the off-season. What will Tstan do about this? I’m ready to find out.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
“The locker room is the first and foremost thing I’m concerned about,” Collins said. “There are some hurting guys in there. ... That’s all I’m concerned about right now. We’ll just keep it there.”

Sounds like he's losing the locker room ...
Kind of makes me wonder if he is losing some of the players, if it is that will kill a coach

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm not the bitter butthurt group of posters that can't get over Paul Johnson and the damn triple option. I'm just keeping it real. Move on that offense isn't coming back here
But the revisionist history is killing us. A good coach (CPJ) is vilified and his system blamed for the current state of things. Those who “can’t get over CPJ” are jumping up and down because the false narrative around the past regime is causing us not to see what is right in front of our eyes right now.

Let me put it this way. There will be those who say when this is all over that choosing the CGC approach at Tech was the right call but he was not quite the right coach. Then we end up with another Collins type only one who executes the plan more effectively. So we end up looking like every other P5 team while enjoying a success level slightly below Virginia. At best.

That’s why people can’t stand the constant blaming of CPJ. It’s not blind loyalty to him or his scheme; it’s the failure to recognize our current approach is chasing fool’s gold while consoling ourselves that at least no one is making fun of our “high school offense.”

slugboy

Staff member
There are teams with our same budget, that aren’t factories, with “lower rated” recruiting classes, that are running the same offensive and defensive schemes we are, and going to bowls and having good seasons.

Look at Pitt, for instance. Most of the teams going to bowls this year, and last year, fit in that category.

I’d love watching a coastal carolina offense, or a flexbone, but scheme is not the major problem—it’s “assignment football”. We still need to do that in any scheme.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure who that group is but some of you have gotten to the point you're actively rooting against the guy (and GT) just to prove your point. Congrats?
No one is rooting against him. We all want to win. And opinions DO NOT interfere with his coaching one bit. No matter how negative the fan base is C****** has 5 working days to prepare his team for UGA. Our feelings do not hurt nor help him at all. Just like none of our opinions or feelings helped the Braves win. The coaches and players prepare how they want and then they own the results. I want him to beat UGA and then sign four 5 star players. Just because I want that doesn’t mean it will happen. He controls his fate not us.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Unless I missed some, Wake has two 4* HS recruits on their current roster. They have some transfers that were possibly 4*, but they are having success with a roster most of would not trade for.
Brings back the old arguments from a few years ago where some of us said player rankings are NOT everything. Not that they are unimportant but a coach getting the players he wants that he feels he can coach up is FAR more important.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been a GT fan my entire life which granted isn’t too terribly long. I can remember always trying to find the scores to the game or hoping to catch it on TV or make the trip to see it in person. Even when my life started getting busier I would put the game on record to watch later or listen by radio or now the GT app. However, this year, I watched NIU and Pitt. That’s it. Sure I kept up with a handful of others and even caught the end of the UNC game, but the on field product has literally turned me off from trying to keep up with the team.

Today didn’t shock me in the slightest. I fully expected to be shelled. I did expect us to put up some points though. For instance, I logged into the GT app to listen while I was on the road and it was about 10 minutes left in the second quarter. ND was up 31-0 and when I heard the score, I didn’t get sad. I didn’t get upset. I actually felt nothing. Within the next two minutes I head a GT 3 and out, a shanked punt, and an Irish TD and again felt nothing. I simply turned off the app and listened to the radio.

We’ve been exposed. The gameplan against us is simple, man up our outside receivers and send a blitz. The 3 and out I referenced I believe the Irish sent a blitz every play and we couldn’t stop it. We knew what was coming and instead of checking out of it or going max protect we simple ran right into their blitz.

I say all that to say this. Our players have been robbed. Robbed by a man who told them to stay and he would get us back to the ELITE programs across NCAA. That College Gameday would come back and we would host meaningful late night games regularly. Well, he hasn’t coached them up to anything. This is a highly talented group of men who are not being coached properly or having someone get the most out of them. I’ve checked out. I have no emotional attachment anymore. As a lifelong fan, that hurts. It hurts to not care about the team I’ve loved to watch since I was little. So many great memories are tied to Tech and now I can’t even bring myself to be sad or shocked when we get demolished. It will be worse next week for sure. There’s blood in the water and Kirby will throw Crean a bone after last night. All I care about now is the off-season. What will Tstan do about this? I’m ready to find out.
I agree .I've been watching for 65 yrs and this is worse maybe than Bill Lewis.Losing is one thing but this embarrassing for our institution.

slugboy

Staff member
How we failed to headline the Misery Index is mysterious, but Oregon was a playoff contender and great things were expected from Florida and Texas.

But we’re not so irrelevant that yesterday doesn’t get noticed. We made the list

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
How we failed to headline the Misery Index is mysterious, but Oregon was a playoff contender and great things were expected from Florida and Texas.

But we’re not so irrelevant that yesterday doesn’t get noticed. We made the list

We didn't headline it because we have fallen so far off the cliff that another 3-9 season doesn't cause misery anymore.... it is expected