ND tickets..need suggestions

BTGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking at making the ND trip, want to know the most economical way to get tickets. Prices online are $250 and up per ticket. Suggestions?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Been told you can pick up tickets at the game for a reasonable price, if you're willing to risk it. Otherwise, you're going to pay through the nose unless you know someone with season tix.

Looking at making the ND trip, want to know the most economical way to get tickets. Prices online are $250 and up per ticket. Suggestions?
At least wait till Tech puts their share on sale. You might get some. If you can't, find a season ticket holder who can get them for you. I'm getting some for a friend in Cincy in addition to mine.....that is assuming I can order at least 4.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
I just read an article that per the ACC Conference Notre Dame has to make at least 5,000 tickets available for all visiting teams playing in South Bend. Back in 2007 when they were a true independent and their stadium was a bit smaller I believe they only gave around 1,500 or 2,000 tickets to the visiting teams.

A friend of mine is a big fan of USC west and he told me every year the Trojans played in South Bend that was the amount of tickets for their allotment.

Animal02

Banned
I just read an article that per the ACC Conference Notre Dame has to make at least 5,000 tickets available for all visiting teams playing in South Bend. Back in 2007 when they were a true independent and their stadium was a bit smaller I believe they only gave around 1,500 or 2,000 tickets to the visiting teams.

A friend of mine is a big fan of USC west and he told me every year the Trojans played in South Bend that was the amount of tickets for their allotment.
The stadium was enlarged in '97 Tech was the opponent for the opening of the renovated stadium. In '97 I paid $75 a ticket, in '07 I paid $150.....both were roadside the morning of the game (I know both times they dropped in price close to face right before the game if you were willing to wait. Both games, there were no tickets made available to the general public through Tech.......they all went to Fund / season ticket holders.....though I did see tickets available last minute in Atlanta from people that could not make it at the last minute.

My understanding is the visitor section is the southeast corner of the endzone - up high. The northwest corner (left if you are looking from the press box) is the ND Student section. The part of the north end zone is faculty seats.

BTGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for the info so far..I'm a 35 year sidewalk fan and only had season tickets from 98 to 2000. (picked some good years) Now I go to 1-2 games a year when possible. Some of my South GA family (diehard GT sidewalk fans) want to take their Dad to ND, a bucket list item. So, if any of you season ticket holders out there aren't going and are willing to buy for others, we are looking for 5 tickets and will gladly add some thanks in with the payment.