ND @ GT 8pm est ACCn 2/6 [TONIGHT]

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win. Only two issues I had were:
  • Wish we could've gotten more minutes to Kyle/Khalid/Rodney. I realize the game was close, and I don't even know when we would've gotten Jose a breather, but we got a brutal stretch coming up
  • Would like to see us finish the game better. Our defense was solid but would've been nice to put the dagger in 'em.
Finally, tired of reading all of the "experts" on this board that keep digging despite being so wrong on their criticisms. I won't call them out by name even though they were willing to do so with our own student athletes, but please stop posting stupid s*** and enjoy the games. It is more enjoyable for all.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Devoe had a good game especially in the second half. Jose was good as usual. ND did a good job of keeping Moses under wraps. Must have been their game plan. Others came up big. We are not limited with scorers as much this year. Bubba Usher Moore and Sturdivant all have offense if Moses is taken out by the defense.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win. Only two issues I had were:
  • Wish we could've gotten more minutes to Kyle/Khalid/Rodney. I realize the game was close, and I don't even know when we would've gotten Jose a breather, but we got a brutal stretch coming up
  • Would like to see us finish the game better. Our defense was solid but would've been nice to put the dagger in 'em.
Finally, tired of reading all of the "experts" on this board that keep digging despite being so wrong on their criticisms. I won't call them out by name even though they were willing to do so with our own student athletes, but please stop posting stupid s*** and enjoy the games. It is more enjoyable for all.
Oh, the only other thing is it looked like Brey figured out a plan to attack our defense. Hopefully we get that figured out.

GT11

GT Athlete
Glad he made it but I really don’t like like Mike dribbling into double or triple teams in the lane & picking up his dribble. Would rather he shoots before stop dribbling or passes.
If he is double or tripled team that means other are open. That’s the idea. Defense has to pick their poison. If see the double team coming then get rid of the ball

LibertyTurns

Banned
If he is double or tripled team that means other are open. That’s the idea. Defense has to pick their poison. If see the double team coming then get rid of the ball
Yes, that’s why you pass. I get it. No coach in America teaches his guard or anyone else for that matter to dribble into a 2 or 3 guys and pick up your dribble. It’s a bad play. You can rob a bank to get rich but it’s not a good move either.

GT11

GT Athlete
Yes, that’s why you pass. I get it. No coach in America teaches his guard or anyone else for that matter to dribble into a 2 or 3 guys and pick up your dribble. It’s a bad play. You can rob a bank to get rich but it’s not a good move either.
Politely disagree. Take to the big man and make him commit. When you drive to the paint you have more options. Does it work every time, put it puts a strain on the defense

Deleted member 2897

I think the complaints were specifically Devoe driving the lane and picking up his dribble with nowhere to go. Devoe driving the lane and attacking the basket is a whole different story and a much better outcome.

On his last bucket, I believe he drove the lane and picked up his dribble.

Deleted member 2897

Still have no idea how we won this game but sure am glad we did.

Hopefully the men won't pull against Virginia what the women did against Wake Forest - the next game after a miraculous victory they just seemed mentally drained.

Virginia is the last game this year where we won't be at a major scheduling disadvantage compared to those we're playing against. We have to make this one count. With how little rest we have over the next 10 days, every game is going to be extremely rough.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m hoping the Men won’t be as tired. The Women played 3 games within 5 1/2 days and W.F. was pumped to make up for the 29 point drubbing to G.T. @home.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Politely disagree. Take to the big man and make him commit. When you drive to the paint you have more options. Does it work every time, put it puts a strain on the defense
I like him driving the lane but he needs to be more decisive once he gets there. Either be aggressive to the basket and hopefully force the defense to foul or make the shot or if you draw extra defenders then find the open man. Too many times he has been hesitant and picked up his dribble leading to turnovers. Getting into the lane usually breaks down the defense. We just have to make the right play once we get there.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW his trouble usually comes when he tries to do the spin move close to the block/charge circle. He is too slow with it and by the time he gets that deep he has a lot of company. Great that he drives the paint, just needs a floater just south of the foul line or a better idea of where the kick outs are and what he is going to do when he gets in there.

Deleted member 2897

Last night Notre Dame barely beat Duke by a few points. They shot 55% from the field again, including 44% from 3pt. They also shot 18/20 from the free throw line. They've been playing lights out for the last month. They're going to be a tough out for everybody. They've got Clemson, Syracuse, Louisville, and NC State left among others. Hopefully they can win a bunch of those to help our position out.