NCState coach discusses Tech

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The keys will not change much Saturday against Georgia Tech's vaunted triple option offensive attack. The Jackets lead the ACC in total offense, total offensive touchdowns, rushing offense, yards per rush, rushing touchdowns, passing efficiency, passing yards per completion and attempt, first downs, both third and fourth down conversions and time of possession.

High school offense tho.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Question...do we have any scout team members left? I assume that, since our offense practices cut blocks against scout team defenses all season, we have nobody left. They must all be hurt and we must just be practicing against random students we are pulling out of the computer labs:
georgia-tech.jpg

https://ncstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1699921

Favorite line:

"Doeren said that it is impossible to stimulate the Jackets' offense in practice with a scout team, and there are too many risks to spend three days working on Tech's cut blocking schemes without injuring players."

Glad we've got another coach in the ACC who can join the whine wagon of cut blocks.

Whine, whine, whine. Here's the deal, Doeren. You as a coach don't teach your kids to take on the cut block and get a boo boo. You teach your kids to AVOID the block, not take it on. It is why the other team is cut blocking you, to take your man out of the play, not to hurt him. Traditional blocking, one on one, the defender can overpower the blocker, shed, him or evade him. If you take on the cut block, yes, you can be injured. The intent is to force the defender into maneuvering away from the cut, delaying his pursuit. It is called FOOTBALL, jack-s.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Question...do we have any scout team members left? I assume that, since our offense practices cut blocks against scout team defenses all season, we have nobody left. They must all be hurt and we must just be practicing against random students we are pulling out of the computer labs:
georgia-tech.jpg
"Zock Rosky, he's my favolite prayer..." :)

Last edited:

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
So, he's hoping their defense gets a fast start against our O, but without actually practicing how to handle cut blocks? That's the best thing I've heard all week! We're gonna run all over them. :D

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Don't jinx us. We need to take it one day at a time, we're just happy to be here, if the Good Lord's willin', things will work out...
I had the same reaction. Seem to remember some coaches saying similar things before their defense shut us down in years past. Lets hope we come out ready to play. If our blocking is sound, we should be fine on the O side though.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
https://ncstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1699921

Favorite line:

"Doeren said that it is impossible to stimulate the Jackets' offense in practice with a scout team, and there are too many risks to spend three days working on Tech's cut blocking schemes without injuring players."

Glad we've got another coach in the ACC who can join the whine wagon of cut blocks.

Or from a different perspective...perhaps he's saying that our offense is too complicated for his scout team to learn the blocking techniques we use and that he's not confident his scout team could employ these techniques with little practice without hurting someone on his defense.

I see it as somewhat of a compliment to us and a slight to his scout team.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
No jinx intented. Seems like not practicing for something you don't see all that often is a recipe for failure. Contrast that with what CPJ just said at his press conference: