NCAA Tournament

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It would’ve been great for college basketball. I am still looking forward to UNC in Kansas that’s about as blue blood as you can get.

For the ACC it looks like UNC has made a good choice to succeed Roy. We will see how Duke does next year with their new coach.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Hilarious!

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_015211.jpg
    IMG_20220403_015211.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 65

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Can be called as a dead ball foul.
There are a number of things the refs could have called, including that. They called the foul and watched the replay. After the dust settled they were happy with it as called. It's fair to disagree.

Personally, I think the "flagrant" foul calls are too often imposed on guys just playing basketball with no harm or intent. Bacot probably should have been called for hooking if anything, but the refs decided that happened after the initial contact. There was no flagrant.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are a number of things the refs could have called, including that. They called the foul and watched the replay. After the dust settled they were happy with it as called. It's fair to disagree.

Personally, I think the "flagrant" foul calls are too often imposed on guys just playing basketball with no harm or intent. Bacot probably should have been called for hooking if anything, but the refs decided that happened after the initial contact. There was no flagrant.
Agree completely. Others can see it differently but the refs made a “good conscience” call. So even if it was the wrong call (which I don’t think it was) it was still reasonable and not egregiously wrong.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Elite 8 Depth (# in Rotation)
  • Villanova - 6
  • Houston - 8
  • Duke - 7
  • Arkansas - 8
  • Kansas - 7
  • North Carolina - 7
  • Miami - 6.5 (only 7 minutes for those beyond the top 6 guys in Sweet 16)
  • St Peter's - 10
These coaches just won’t learn that you must go 9 deep.

Final Four:
  • Villanova - 6
  • Kansas - 7
  • North Carolina - 6.5 (being generous)
  • Duke - 7
North Carolina must go back to running 10 out there like the Roy Williams days, otherwise fatigue will set in at end of year and legs will fall off bodies.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
There are soooo many Looooong TV timeouts and then there are the long delays for offcials to review plays, players get a lot of rest during televised games. They really don't need a bow in those circumstances.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are soooo many Looooong TV timeouts and then there are the long delays for offcials to review plays, players get a lot of rest during televised games. They really don't need a bow in those circumstances.
Exactly, I worry more about them cooling off too much.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Would anyone be willing to breakdown the UNC - Kansas matchup? I missed the first game yesterday and have not seen them play at all this year. Also, if you were a betting man, who do you like and why?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The first major question is what is the status of Bacot's ankle? If he plays like he has all year (double double) then he negates Kansas inside guys who are the core of their offense. If he can't go or is limited - game over and Kansas wins going away. If Bacot is good to go - take your pick. Both teams will want to play uptempo. Both teams will depend on which guards can hit shots from deep. Kansas has been playing defense really well since shutting down Miami but UNC > Miami.

My opinion is beyond Bacot it will come down to who makes shots.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The first major question is what is the status of Bacot's ankle? If he plays like he has all year (double double) then he negates Kansas inside guys who are the core of their offense. If he can't go or is limited - game over and Kansas wins going away. If Bacot is good to go - take your pick. Both teams will want to play uptempo. Both teams will depend on which guards can hit shots from deep. Kansas has been playing defense really well since shutting down Miami but UNC > Miami.

My opinion is beyond Bacot it will come down to who makes shots.
Don’t all basketball games come down to who makes shots? 😊

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Unc has had a great run but kansas is the better team by a good bit. Doesn't mean unc can't win but I think unc is going to be fighting an uphill battle.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Bacot is limited. That is a big issue. Worried he will get worse as game moves on

Carolina has had open shots but not made them. Kansas is making shots. UNC has to make the open shots they get

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Unc has had a great run but kansas is the better team by a good bit. Doesn't mean unc can't win but I think unc is going to be fighting an uphill battle.

So far it looks the opposite. Don't expect Kansas to fade away though. We'll see if the starters for the Heels can make it all game.