NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Meh what did we expect?

DLab is the one at fault here. No for what he actually did which was practically nothing, but for not lying to the NCAA. **** them and lie your *** off. I'm all for running a better prostitution ring than Louisville.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I can only assume this is about what was just released...I will continue to update with players perspectives as they are posted:
Screenshot_20190926-131943_Instagram.jpg

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The NCAA loves to hate us. Seems like we just can’t catch a break on anything. Feel Tech sports will continue to be stuck in the mud for a long time. Very disappointing.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Our athletic programs are in shambles right now. The only really competitive program is golf. We are cellar dwellers in most sports. We are below Wake in most sports. Duke is better than us in most sports. We can't even cheat our way out of the bottom in basketball. WBB created a mess with Joseph. Baseball improved some but still not a contender. I blame a portion of this on our past president. Athletic programs need to be seen as an important asset for the national reputation of the school and recognition as a desirable place to attend. It's not all about how many grants that can be obtained. I'm not sure Bud really cared about our sports programs.
We tout our academic standings in the list of college ranking but we were tied with UNC in the latest rankings even with their fake classes for 18 years. Go figure. We can't even use our academic ranking when recruiting against them.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Quote from NBC Sports:

If Georgia Tech’s dealings with a booster earned – which totaled less than $3,000 – earned a postseason ban, what’s going to happen to Kansas, where the money involved is more than 30 times that?

The key here is going to come down to whether or not Kansas and their lawyers can argue their way out of having Gassnola listed as a booster. There might be some legal ground there. Remember, the reason that there are people involved in that scandal in jail is because they victimized the school, which is precisely the opposite of what the NCAA Committee on Infractions is saying.

So it’s far from a guarantee that Kansas is going to be banned from any NCAA tournaments.

But it is evidence that suggests that KU better be ready to fight hard.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Guess Jordan Meka is gone too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't understand this take from people. Nothing, outside of a coaching change, will impact him.

- 2020 postseason ban: he'll still be in high school
- Probation: nothing punitive associated
- Fine and reduction in budget: no direct impact to him
- Reduction in schollys: he's getting one over 1/3 the guys on scholly rn anyway
- Recruiting restrictions: he just committed, what we can't talk to him for 2 months? Fine, see you wen bball season starts for an unofficial to one of our first home games

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Well yeah if we pay them to. What kinda stupid question is that? I would hope our lawyers are Emory, Vandy, Georgetown, ivy league types anyways.

It's called sarcasm...even if we pay them A) they will over charge and B) won't fight like they would for their school.