NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Fire him. Clean it up. This is a joke, we are a laughing stock. Tech athletics just hit an all time low for my life time.
Clean it up? You're acting like this is Louisville. It was 1400 dollars from the moron Bell. Kansas pays 5 times more than that for a back up Center.
Besides nobody significant would take the job anyway. Nobody wanted it last time nobody would want it this time except maybe Pitino. Let's hire Pitino as a **** you to the NCAA.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
No coach worth having would want this job over the probationary period, even if we had money. Any coaching change would be to hire another Gregory to babysit the program until Stansbury can raise money for a new coach and wait for the probation restrictions to expire. A Pointless move.

Pastner might not be the most savvy administrator but the hammer was dropped on the program because LaBarrie, a GT alumnus, lied to the NCAA and then admitted that he lied. That is as bonehead a move as one could make in the the face of an NCAA inquiry. Putting that on Pastner is a reach. LaBarrie and Jack are both GT alumni and the clumsy manner in which they handled the Cheetah recruiting perks was pathetic.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The imbalance in punishment is remarkable. If this is the new standard than so be it. We broke the rules, and will pay the price. However, if and when the NCAA back tracks on the next program and reduces the penalty for a lessor issue I hope we bring a lawsuit.

You can’t tell me that the punishment was enhanced because we let “outside influences” around the program. Look at any power 5 team in NCAA Men’s basketball and you’ll see friends of the program flitting about.

This is beyond reasonable and hopefully will be corrected on appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Not sure who we'd hire to take over if Pastner was fired. Would have to be a small school guy willing to take the job and prove himself. Really need to appeal to get the post season ban removed somehow, if so we can salvage some of this and keep the team together.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
No coach worth having would want this job over the probationary period, even if we had money. Any coaching change would be to hire another Gregory to babysit the program until Stansbury can raise money for a new coach and wait for the probation restrictions to expire. A Pointless move.

Pastner might not be the most savvy administrator but the hammer was dropped on the program because LaBarrie, a GT alumnus, lied to the NCAA and then admitted that he lied. That is as bonehead a move as one could make in the the face of an NCAA inquiry. Putting that on Pastner is a reach. LaBarrie and Jack are both GT alumni and the clumsy manner in which they handled the Cheetah recruiting perks was pathetic.
You left out the part the ncaa specifically addresses Bell and Pastner allowing him around the program and not stopping the contact with Memphis players too.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Pastner should be done, fired and gone. This occurred on his watch, it is his responsibility. Fire him with cause, and move on. I think many of the players after hearing about a post-season ban are really thinking about the transfer portal.

This is what Tech basketball has become... We just had a lost decade of basketball relevance and now it looks like it won't end any time soon...pathetic.

Get ready to be passed by Kennesaw, Georgia State and probably Mercer, I am so disgusted with all of this....

We need a big time Tech man, to step up, pay the buy out, and hire a hungry up and coming coach. ALL of the fans need to understand that this will greatly hamper him for 4 F'en years, and cut him some major slack.

That will give us the greatest chance in turning this crapshow around in the shortest amount of time.

I can't believe the ineptitude of everybody involved with the program in allowing it to become like this.

slugboy

Staff member
29 pages. If KU or anyother program with these major major violations is under 30 pages,....I can't think of what to do but we need to do it.

The doc clears up a lot. It seems to say a cap of 12 grants-in-aid for each of the next four seasons.
It also says “no postseason, including the ACC tournament” for 2019.
It’s a bizarre doc. There isn’t that much in it. 29 pages, but 1) an assistant coach with no prior history of issues who was hammered, 2) about $2000 of total impermissible benefits (I didn’t do explicit math, but it’s not even peanuts for a mid-major), and 3) an “outside booster” (Ron Bell) that was previously viewed by the NCAA as a rogue actor.
This is harsh, especially for the chump change involved here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk