NCAA Regional Projections

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It's probably the kiss of death to even bring this up, but folks are doing their Regional Projections, and here's the d1baseball.com set...which has us as a #2 seed visiting Auburn (#10 national seed). I'd take that if we can't break into the Top 16 and host....

https://d1baseball.com/projections/college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-april-2/

They have the ACC with 7 bids and 2 Regional Hosts (Clemson and N C State) while the SEC gets 11 bids and 7 Regional Hosts. FSU and Miami currently are in the "last 5 in" group...so if they keep playing poorly, the ACC could wind up with as few as 5 bids.

Now that I have brought this up, we'll probably get swept this weekend and cause me to go back into my 5 plus year funk over GT Baseball.....<sigh>

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These projections will change a lot. We keep winning we will host. We lose series we won't host or maybe even go to the NCAAs.

For the last three weeks, we are playing well enough to host. But there are still 7 weeks to go and the ACC Tourney.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Kind of a good year to be breaking through. Finally Auburn/UGA aren’t terrible. So if we’re not hosting we have a decent chance of ending up in one of those two regionals. Instead of being saddled with an elite Florida or Vandy squad like it seems has happened every year we made the tourney the last decade.

Deleted member 2897

These projections will change a lot. We keep winning we will host. We lose series we won't host or maybe even go to the NCAAs.

For the last three weeks, we are playing well enough to host. But there are still 7 weeks to go and the ACC Tourney.

True, the ACC will really have to crap the bed for the SEC to get half of the regional hosts.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Has #18 RPI, 4 wins over top 15 teams in the last 10 days, 2 of 3 from Louisville on the road (Shouldve been a damn sweep) 15 games over .500, hasnt lost an ACC series yet.

No host for you yet. And you better not lose another game or your asses are not going to The Postseason- NCAA

Clearly sarcasm

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Has #18 RPI, 4 wins over top 15 teams in the last 10 days, 2 of 3 from Louisville on the road (Shouldve been a damn sweep) 15 games over .500, hasnt lost an ACC series yet.

No host for you yet. And you better not lose another game or your asses are not going to The Postseason- NCAA

Clearly sarcasm
We did lose to Miami unfortunately. Win this weekend though and we should be top 15.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
As things stand now... using RPI, Tech has only 6 games remaining against highly ranked RPI teams. ...with only 1 at home.
at UGA
Auburn
UGA (SunTrust)
at Clemson x 3
[win a few of those & RPI improves]

The rest of the schedule will not do much to improve our RPI... unless we dominate. I'd really like to see a road sweep (BC or VT?) & Pitt at home, of course.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As things stand now... using RPI, Tech has only 6 games remaining against highly ranked RPI teams. ...with only 1 at home.
at UGA
Auburn
UGA (SunTrust)
at Clemson x 3

The rest of the schedule will not do much to improve our RPI... unless we dominate. I'd really like to see a road sweep (BC or VT?) & Pitt at home, of course.

Also the ACC Tourney should give us some opportunities.

As important as RPI is the conversation about a team to get hosted. And playing well in the second half. We have started off the second half of the season in great style.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
at UGA
Auburn
UGA (SunTrust)
at Clemson x 3

We get Clemson at home this year.