NCAA overturns sanctions against Ga Tech men's basketball on appeal

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is devastating to the NCAA. Not only did the IAC find that the NCAA acted without concrete evidence in some cases, in others it made rulings that 'departed from penalty guidelines'. **** the NCAA. When can we all institute sanctions and penalties on them?

Unfortunately, except for the made-up ban on recruits, they just sent the penalties back to the committee on infractions "for further consideration". So, they'll consider it and probably levy different additional penalties out of spite.

I'm afraid this will make Tech an even bigger target for the NCAA. I hope this is a wakeup call for TStan. When the NCAA goons come sniffing around the football team to get revenge: lawyer up, clam up, and circle up. Teams that cooperate get hosed. Teams that 'self impose' non-penalties, lawyer up and then drag it out indefinitely skate.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Fire the NCAA into the sun

Attachments

• 77E0113C-E7F7-447F-8A9C-1919E304C063.png
    77E0113C-E7F7-447F-8A9C-1919E304C063.png
    547.1 KB · Views: 85

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Great news!!! Now just the other recruiting restrictions for two more years, but this is big
They said that we are allowed to have recruits at our games now. They (COI) are going to reassess the scholarship reduction penalty but not sure what you mean by “other recruiting restrictions”.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, except for the made-up ban on recruits, they just sent the penalties back to the committee on infractions "for further consideration". So, they'll consider it and probably levy different additional penalties out of spite.

I'm afraid this will make Tech an even bigger target for the NCAA. I hope this is a wakeup call for TStan. When the NCAA goons come sniffing around the football team to get revenge: lawyer up, clam up, and circle up. Teams that cooperate get hosed. Teams that 'self impose' non-penalties, lawyer up and then drag it out indefinitely skate.
I hate that this feels true.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
They said that we are allowed to have recruits at our games now. They (COI) are going to reassess the scholarship reduction penalty but not sure what you mean by “other recruiting restrictions”.
There’s other restrictions we didn’t appeal. We’re still on probation and still have limits as to when we can contact recruits. There were other restrictions beyond the official visits one