NCAA NIL thread

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Unlike in football where a GT football player in Atlanta will lag behind UGA and players from many other schools in popularity, Tech BB could really benefit from our location if Pastner and the program play their cards right. This should really benefit us.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Wow. The bronze-balled hypocrisy of Duke coming out with an official statement expressing concern that NIL Legislation will result in programs using booster dollars to woo recruits.

I guess if you read between the lines, what they mean is that they are concerned that OTHER schools will start doing what THEY’VE been doing all along.

slugboy

Staff member
Wow. The bronze-balled hypocrisy of Duke coming out with an official statement expressing concern that NIL Legislation will result in programs using booster dollars to woo recruits.

I guess if you read between the lines, what they mean is that they are concerned that OTHER schools will start doing what THEY’VE been doing all along.

You can also view White’s statement as being concerned about money coming out in the open. Having worked at a place where a compensation spreadsheet was mistakenly emailed to everybody, finding out you’re paid less than something you accomplish more than is an eye-opener, and leads to a lot of work to set right.
What happens when the players who get bodied up under the basket see the screen-and-three shooting guard making a lot more?
What happens when the 320 lb DT sees the 175 lb WR make bank when he’s getting his knee (and more) twisted at the bottom of the pile?
I don’t think it’s fair for coaches to make bank while players get crumbs, but NiL is just the start, and there will be problems.
I also think it had to happen and the NCAA couldn’t stop it. Maybe the NCAA grows with it, or falls apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

They could be in deep **** with the Zion lawsuit and they’re trying to look good to cover their ***

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Duke response was ungodly tone deaf. However, the concept that the SEC is going to ram this through their infrastructure and offer a NIL support center to facilitate contracts to recruits in the recruitment process is still reality.