NCAA Golf

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Questions from a fan with little knowledge of the team:
Are we overrated every year, similarly to baseball the last 15 or so years (Hopefully not this year)?
Is our 6th guy a step down, as one of our player's score never counted, and seems could have been subbed?
Is the ACC that bad?

ACC was 6/9 qualifying. Doubt a conference has more than 6. SEC/B12 may have tied us.

Don’t think you can switch players mid-tourney. But not sure.

We won the ACC by a record margin. Didn’t have a great tourney after traveling across the country on a course that was too easy to benefit the better teams.

At the end of the day, Strafaci is ranked Top 50 in the country and had three bad days in a row. He was the difference between winning the regional and holding our breath to advance. It’s college golf. Extremely volatile with the team scoring. We did what we needed to do.

LibertyTurns

Banned
After 3 rounds of stroke play, top 15 advance. After 4th round of stroke play, top 8 advance to match play to determine champion.
Thanks. So we need to make sure we stay in the Top 15 to live to play another day, but need to work towards getting in the Top 8 so we have a shot at the title.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Looks likely that both clemson and wake may make the final 8 in the ncaa championships. Teams we blew out at the ACC tournament. I think we need a sports psychologist working with the team. We have folded recently when we get on a big stage. Golf is so mental at that level. I thought we had a really good shot at making the final 8 this year. Very disappointed for our guys.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Looks likely that both clemson and wake may make the final 8 in the ncaa championships. Teams we blew out at the ACC tournament. I think we need a sports psychologist working with the team. We have folded recently when we get on a big stage. Golf is so mental at that level. I thought we had a really good shot at making the final 8 this year. Very disappointed for our guys.
My sister is one. Hire her

LibertyTurns

Banned
We had 5 doubles and a triple bogey on the back 9. Schneiderjans had 2 triples on the day & bogeyed the last 3. The back 9 on paper looked difficult but we just imploded. All we needed was 4 shots to make the final 15 & have a shot. Painful.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Tech golf on the big stage = head scratching ! We still can make waves with baseball !
Playing for an NCAA championship among the top teams in the country is the big stage for our golf team. It would be like our badeball team going to Omaha.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Playing for an NCAA championship among the top teams in the country is the big stage for our golf team. It would be like our badeball team going to Omaha.
It's big stage, more like the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the NCAA basketball tourney. Coach Heppler says we play a top 5 schedule every year. We should be able to handle it. Kansas basketball = GT golf

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
It's big stage, more like the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the NCAA basketball tourney. Coach Heppler says we play a top 5 schedule every year. We should be able to handle it. Kansas basketball = GT golf
Kansas Basketball at least wins it all occasionally