NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
GT has never swung a large enough hammer for the NCAA to care. I guess I would not have so much trouble with these decisions if I did not see so many others getting the waivers.

you see the path right?

ensure all the big name factory waivers get approved ASAP. After that first wave, reject essentially everyone else not a factory so that the published statistic of waivers approved looks low and balanced and discourages transfers going fwd.

its all fake. Its all a BS fake game. All the way down to gambling and vegas influences. GT is small potatoes with no national impact

OSU. Miami. Michigan. Bama etc whoever...catered to. IIWII

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, that is inexcusable. Clayton should have gotten his waiver. Sims and Ezzard were more borderline.

It is this kind of stuff that, sooner or later, will lead to college athletes being classified as employees and anti-trust law being applied to college sports.

It is too bad for Clayton, especially. Let's hope he can win his appeal and get his full two years. If, that is, that's how it works; I don't know if it is.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
you see the path right?

ensure all the big name factory waivers get approved ASAP. After that first wave, reject essentially everyone else not a factory so that the published statistic of waivers approved looks low and balanced and discourages transfers going fwd.

its all fake. Its all a BS fake game. All the way down to gambling and vegas influences.

GT has never won a decision or ruling with the NCAA (I do realize some of our kids have gotten extra years of eligibility), so there's that. Factories have ALL advantages, and they always will. I know I should not mention this, but the Epstein situation is similar - big powerful people getting their way in spite of the law or "rules".

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Justin Fields played in all 13 games for UGA as a true freshman, right? He was in on the fake punt against Bama in the SEC title game, yes (the 13th game)?

So a guy who played in all 13 games is immediately eligible to be the starter at tOSU as a freshman transfer?

Meanwhile, the guy who wants to move closer to home to play in front of his dying grandfather is denied? And wasn't he like a long snapper or something rarely-used?